• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

I've seen the typical bobcat/quail or bobcat/grouse mounts, but I came across this mount while searching through my options. Thought it was pretty damn cool, never seen one with a pheasant...Posted Image
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Sporting Clays.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

lilwes,Agreed...are you leaning toward the Pheasant? If you do the Pheasant are you waiting until Nov. 11th so you can mount your own bird?S&S
"Would you vote for a woman as unqualified as Barack Obama?" -Hillary Clinton-"The best thing about the cash for clunkers program was it got thousands of the Obama stickers off the streets.""Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -Mark Twain-

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

I'd like to. I've got my bobcat chillin' in the freezer, so I think he'll be good for another 2 weeks. Only problem would be finding a good wild pheasant around here... Used to be tons of them when I was younger, but not any more.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

This mount is Bobcat only but it looks really good.http://californiapre...p...ost&p=20332

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:00 PM

This was the other mount I was considering until I saw the one with the pheasant:Posted Image

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Yes, the quail is a much more common mount, although it's usually with the cat jumping up and trying to catch the quail as it's flying away.PS - Yes, we took clampdaddy's hog's head to the taxidermist on sunday, should be ready in a couple months. He picked a very nice mount, I'm anxious to see it.

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:57 PM

I liked the bobcat with the pheasant, though the eyes looked a bit out of allignment. Could just be the angle the photo was taken. The cat in the tree doesn't appeal to me as much since bobcats aren't as arboreal as some of the other species of felines. That same mount with a rock ledge would be better. I don't think I would have the tail standing straight up either. JMHO.You can purchase a good looking rooster from a club. That is is you don't have any areas to hunt near by. A club shouldn't care whether you shoot it or take it for a mount. You pay for it either way. The advantage with one you bought is that the taxidermist doesn't have to deal with with a shot-up bird. Just makes his/her life easier.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#8 Tundra

Tundra

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hunting<br />Computers<br />Sports<br />Banjo pickin

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

that pheasent mount looks awsome. id get that one in a heartbeat!

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

You should take a look at what Darius did for Switch with his bobcat. Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users