• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

The Crosman web site says:"Production is ramping up - LE packages will be made available on an unannounced, weekly basis so keep checking this page!"Rogue Web Page

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

Sure is quiet around here. :lol: Well, Cabela's and Pyramid Air has the Rogue for a mere $1299.99. Now that is well under $1300. I am waiting to hear about the first CPC member to pop a 'yote with one of these bad boys.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

It will be awhile before I consider one after seeing it in videos. Not a real quality piece of equipment in my book.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Same here, at that price point I'll have to pass for now. If it goes down in price enough maybe I would buy one. I'm hoping to see this technology applied to a more practical caliber like .25. A .25 epcp Mrod would be pretty cool imo.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Not on my list either just too heavy and expensive and not sure about quality. You can get the power for quite a bit less.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

A waste of money to me, I'll pass too.

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

Well, I'm not gonna be the first sucker on the block to get one either. Just don't under stand that price.

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

Midway USA has the Rogue LE listed at $1899.99. :smiley-funny-post-sign: The description is the same as the LE version that Benjamin lists for $1500.Has anyone seen a Rogue out on the range??

#9 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

I would agree with you all. It looks like a good amount of plastic and electronic parts that could easily malfunction and it doesn't look very weather resistant either. At that price I don't think I'll be in any hurry to own one. If I was spending that kind of cash, I'd rather have a Daystate Air Ranger .25 like CBR400RR has posted picks of. Now that looks like a nice air gun!

#10 Butcher45

Butcher45

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

Initial reports are few (only two)......both pretty grim.

#11 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Anybody else heard anything more about the Rogue? The main complaints I have heard are first, that the clip/magazine really sucks. For some unknown reason the pocket for each of the rounds is about double the width that it needs to be, therefore allowing the round to slip from side to side as the clip indexes and the rounds does not align properly with the exiting hole in the clip or with the chamber. This causes misfeeds and major problems when trying to load the next round. Second, most users seem to get a electronic warning constantly that seems to cause the Rogue to not perform as it should. All in all, from what I read over on the MarauderRifle site, Crosman/Benjamin need to really do some more work on getting the glitches and bugs out of this gun before putting anymore of them out there. :)

#12 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

I have also heard of air leaks and groups of 2-3" at 50 yards or less, not goot at all I know a lot of people can do a lot better with a cheap spring gun.

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#13 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Oh yeah... I forgot I heard about those too. I've only read one post where the guy was actually happy with his. He must have gotten one that surprisingly came out good. He said he was getting one hole groups with 5 shots, I think, at 50 yards. Other than that one post, everyone else has been having numerous problems. :)

#14 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

Did Jim Shockey have his picture on those Rogue ads too?

I'm an airgunholic

#15 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

I believe I have seen an ad with the Rogue and his photo, but not sure if he is holding the gun or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users