9 replies to this topic

#1 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Fished Edison Lake today for 6 hours.... Skunked.... I didnt see anyone bring any fish in. One guy said he got 4 but I didnt see anything.

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. It happens to everyone now and then.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

How was the water level up there? I heard that a couple of years ago it was almost empty due to the lack of water in the area. It was a "mud hole" the guy said. I have fished that lake most of my life. I love those mountins. The air up there smells new. I always fished from shore in the damn area (left side).

#4 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Water was about 6ft from full. I talked to a few people and they said Edison is not pulling water from Lake Edison yet do to the snow pack this year. They said they expect the lake to be full almost all year. Its was great up there. Know one was there, just opened the road a few weeks ago.

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#5 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Edison Lake has some of the best trout fishing in the state. You just have to know how to fish it. I have fished it for about 45 years now and it just keeps pumping out trophy trout. Couldn't tell you how many times I've pulled in and had people tell me they have been there a week and haven't had a bite!Attached File  1.jpg   28.92KB   11 downloadsThis photo is of me, my wife and granddaughter (age 10) in 2004 at Edison. Fish are pretty typical of what we catch each year.
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#6 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

That is a great stringer of trout. In 1946 my parents bought a small store and bar/cafe at Alder Spings just down the road a few miles from the Pine Ridge school house you have to pass on your way to Edison Lake. I started school there. 17 students, 1 thru 8 grade with one teacher and one room. We started going to Shaver Lake and then Huntington and then Edison.... when we has a car that would not boil-over pulling the grades. Boy... those were the days.

#7 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

Hi, now that your granddaughter is 17 do you two still go fishing together??

#8 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

She is staying with us for the summer and working at her uncle's restaurant at Donner Lake. She still goes to Edison with her dad, grandma and I every summer and we have fished a couple of times in the Truckee area this year. She also pheasant hunts with us in the fall and has 4 points trying to draw an X7B tag. She has been hunting deer since she was a freshman in high school. She was featured in a front page San Jose Mercury News article a few years ago on deer hunting. Her little brother was 10 last summer and made his first Edison trip with us.Attached File  1.jpg   27.45KB   10 downloads
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#9 LONGBOWJAY

LONGBOWJAY

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Here is a pic of some fish on last years trip to Edison.Attached File  1.jpg   27.78KB   11 downloads
Take your kids hunting and fishing while you still can! LongbowJay

#10 turkeyman85

turkeyman85

Juan Galindo- Last Light Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, turkey hunting, carving turkey calls.
    Juan Galindo- Last Light taxidermy

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Man I have caught a trout in about two weeks now,you guys are making me feen for some bow action lol. Great pictures!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users