• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Best group/ammo of the day. 12 shots, 3". Not counting 2 flyers, 2" @ 100 yards. Pretty good for a rigged up setup shootin' off a little cardboard box on the hood I think.Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

Looks like fun!

#3 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Man thats a monster - but these Single Six's do have the accuracy if you give them the chance.Here is mine sporting my favorite red dot. I shoot the smallbore silhouette matches with it and have a ton of fun.Posted Image

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I like your guys scoped pistols they are pretty cool.

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Any gun in .22mag should come with a warning label about their tendency to be addictive! Nice looking setups. I just wish it was a bit less expensive to shoot though. But I still will never let go of mine. Just out of curiosity, do you carry yours the entire time while in the field, or do you use one of the holsters that carry it across your chest? I have always been curious how those type of holsters "feel" in the field.

#6 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

I just carry it. Intend to rig up a strap or holster or something. Sure beats the heck out of lugging a rifle in the rough stuff.It now has a 3-9x40, haha! That 4x had parallax at closer ranges and I wanted a little more magnification. The .223 got a Hawke, so the Bushy went to the Six. Now it's scope with a gun screwed to it instead of a gun with a scope. I'd eventually like to try a holo sight, maybe on the .357.Next project is shooting groups with each chamber and seeing which is most accurate and where they hit. Often revolvers are compared to .22 semi autos and said to not be as accurate. Maybe true, but it's also not quite fair as you have six different chambers and unless the machine work and smithing is extremely accurately done, there's no way all 6 will shoot to the same point. Like different guns like different ammo, it's because of minute differences in machining and construction. So when you're shooting or sighting in a revolver, you're really sighting in some kind of average 'tween all six chambers. I imagine some chambers will shoot different ammo better and worse, too, but I'll stick to the Winchester that's been the most accurate.

#7 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Nice looking gun.

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Next project is shooting groups with each chamber and seeing which is most accurate and where they hit. Often revolvers are compared to .22 semi autos and said to not be as accurate. Maybe true, but it's also not quite fair as you have six different chambers and unless the machine work and smithing is extremely accurately done, there's no way all 6 will shoot to the same point. Like different guns like different ammo, it's because of minute differences in machining and construction. So when you're shooting or sighting in a revolver, you're really sighting in some kind of average 'tween all six chambers. I imagine some chambers will shoot different ammo better and worse, too, but I'll stick to the Winchester that's been the most accurate.

Kind of........ Your forcing cone dimension is actually the most important thing to worry about, and barrel bore too I guess. If it is too large, no cylinder will be that accurate. And if your forcing cone is much smaller than the bore of your barrel, cylinder alignment will mean nothing also. Too much for me to worry about personally. If it shoots straight, (looks like it shoots fine), load it, shoot it, and quit worrying about it. Every day you worry about that extra one half inch at a hundred yards is one less day you spent hunting rabbits like it was meant to do :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

Half an inch is a lot when you're hunting ground squirrels. :lol: Cylinder alignment is imposrtant...if it's off the bullet gets misshapen as it get's forced thru the cone. I enjoy shooting as much as hunting, so I wanna see just to see if nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users