Jump to content


Marlin Model 81 DL

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gotsch



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Antioch, CA

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm looking over an Old rifle for one of the guys that I work with and was hoping that someone could help me locate the part # for this thingy on the top of the chamber. Since this bang stick shoots 22 shorts, 22's and 22LR there is a small parts that (by the way, tube fed bolt action) limits the hieght the unspent round rises in order for it to line up with the chamber, i would imagine these break off commonly just cause the placement of it, but the best way i can describe it is you know the thing on a writing pen the holds the pen on your pocket, it's like that and slides onto the bolt when action is closed. I've heard that you Can get them, i just can't find one, from what I've discoverd it's relatively easy to change, take the barrel off and insert new piece between the barrel and upper ( I guess ) receiever. and put back together. Thankyou all for the help!!

#2 dangerranger



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coarsegold, the exact center of CA
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Its called a cartrige guide. in the parts list its # 80 12. they are only nessary when shooting shorts as the magasine feed lips let go of the cartrige rim before the short reaches the breech. as long as your friend is only shooting longs or long rifle its not needed. Numrich has them in stock, but get the new replacement, they are made slightly thicker.http://www.gunpartsc...aspx?catid=4088good luck they are great old guns. DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users