2 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Sam his buddy and I followed my neighbor to The SF Bay. I had called a friend who works for DFG and lives in SF and and used to commercial fish. His report was there is to much fresh water coming into the bay. The salt water species halibut and stripers have not come in like they can. And that the N. bay water was off color. It was a horrible tide for Leopard sharks. I even had midshipman. We launched from Emeryville at 6. Ran across the bay to the SF live bait dock. We split a half scoop of anchovies. From there to the south tower of the GG. There were already 3 other boats making the drift. We would motor out about 200 yards beyond the bridge and drift in bumping bottom with live bait. Sam picked up one ling 23" (undersized 24" to be legal) and one bottom fish. I to picked up two bottom fish all in the 12-15" bracket. Having not done my homework we did not know the species or size. Sam's buddy got skunked. My neighbor had similar luck with undersized halibut and bottom fish. From there we drifted for halibut off Chrissy Field. ZILCH. About 10 we ran to Angel island. The fleet of charters and sports fisherman were there. In another two hours of drifting we saw one undersizes halibut caught by a party boat. The wind had picked up so we ran to the W side of Treasure Island. Nothing. On the way in we the the Berkley Pier. Nothing. All in all it was a good day to spend with Sam and my neighbor.The Photo is of Sam. Interesting, if you look at the tip of his rod it is pointing at my neighbors boat. Totally unintentional. JOHN, I'm not sue why this would not come up as a full sized photo. I have tried saving in different sizes and formats. It either came up small or as an http.........?Posted Image

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Not positive but I would check the regs. on the Lings. I think they changed the min. size to 22". I would ck. before heading out next time.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

Bzzrd is correct the size limit has changed.Lingcod(Section 28.27) 2 fish per person 22 total length

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users