• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

If you want to finish a stock very quickly. I tend to use it on old guns and $54 stocks like the Boyd's on my Marauder but someone wrote a nice short tutorial.http://www.rimfirece...ad.php?t=331108Posted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#2 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,reloading,ghost towns,gold prospecting<br />target shooting,computers.<br /><br />45 Colt and 44 mag/45-70 are my favorites.<br /><br />I am retired.<br /><br />My other email is roblackwolf5@gmail.com

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Thanks Brant.
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

All of the various technigues out there around this are interesting. Some put the Armor-All on first and then the Tru-oil in very thin coats and only rubbing in one direction with the grain. There is one description where they mix the Tru-oil and Armor-All 1:1 in small quantities. What's so weird about it is they say Armor-All has something that acts as a fast catalyst for the Tru-oil (about 60 seconds if done very sparingly) but it also contains silicone which seems a strange thing to mix. If you look around the web you will see some incredibly thick high gloss finishes done this way. Besides the speed of just putting it on, the second best thing may be the ability to repair anything easily unlike the polys.

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users