#1 oz_fox_hunter

oz_fox_hunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Hunting feral pest species, riding motorbikes,

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Changed brass and bullets recently, so had to begin a new process of load development. I was previously loading 39gr. SBKs but they are expensive and not always available around here, so decided to load 32gr, vmax as they are 1/2 the price, easy to get, and I already know the gun shoots the factory stuff very well. Anyway, today was the first chance out to test some different powder charges. So far only 1/2 way through testing but here's the results so far.Posted ImageIgnore the bottom two dots, that's just me playing with the turret adjustments and seeing where the factory rounds hit. The top 5 dots are the test rounds. Remington brass with Remington 7 1/2 BR primers and 27.5 grains of ADI AR2206H (exactly same powder as Hogdon H4895) shot the 3 test rounds inside of 0.23" showing some promise, but it's early days and I'm nowhere near max pressures for my gun yet, so there's room to move.Wanted to try the faster burning Bench Mark 2 powder as I've heard some people are getting excellent results with 32gr. projectiles, but the shop was out so have to wait for the next order.

#2 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I do not know what Bench Mark 2 is but I use Benchmark in my 204R with 32gr Vmax bullets and it shoots well.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Nice... You're definitely having some fun with your new 204. Way to go!Yeah, Benchmark & RL10X were the best results I got in my Rem 204. If memory serves me right H4895 also did well, but then again?? lol... I no longer have my 204 or the majority of my targets (went with new ownder) so unfortunately cannot verify my H4895 statement.Good LuckFrank

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

:)

#5 oz_fox_hunter

oz_fox_hunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Hunting feral pest species, riding motorbikes,

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

I do not know what Bench Mark 2 is but I use Benchmark in my 204R with 32gr Vmax bullets and it shoots well.

They are the same powder marketed under different names. In Australia 'Bench Mark 2' is the same powder you buy as 'Benchmark'. This is because ADI supply Hogdon with some of their powders. There's a few others listed in the link below and in a table listed in the ADI reloading manual. ADI to Hodgen equiv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users