• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Finally got back out fishing over the Father's Day Weekend. Went to the Burney area and caught a few Rainbows. Had a great time with the family and a great trip overall.Visited Vaughn's Sporting Goods and visited with the owner, Steve and his wife. Great people. It was Father's Day and I needed a new trolling motor battery. Steve called his son who was kind enough to go to his shop and bring a new battery to me at the store. What service!! Also, while I was in the store waiting for my battery to arrive, I noticed a selection of very fine, hand made, predator calls that were in the display case. They looked awfully familiar....They were made by our very own BRAZ !!The folks who own this place are very nice people and I spent over an hour there just enjoying conversation with them It is worth your effort to stop by and visit if you are ever in the area.

Attached Files

#2 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

good read. Good service just goes with hard times I've noticed. Nice fat looking trout.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Sounds like a very nice Father's Day. Those are some nice looking trout too.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

I'm up at my cabin just outside Burney right now. I'll drop in on Steve and Janet and let them know of the kind words and free advertising. You're right too, they are great folks. Good looking fish you caught there. Where did you catch them?

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Great job Frank! Good to see getting back out! Nice fish--

#6 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

To borrow a line from "JAWS"... Looks like you need a bigger frying pan.I love that area! Glad to see Vaughn's offers goods from a CPC member. Very cool.

#7 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm up at my cabin just outside Burney right now. I'll drop in on Steve and Janet and let them know of the kind words and free advertising. You're right too, they are great folks. Good looking fish you caught there. Where did you catch them?

They were caught on a small lake on Wilderness Unlimited property just west of Burney.

#8 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Great job Frank! Good to see getting back out! Nice fish--

Thanks Randy. I'm getting out as much as work and family will let me !!! :1106: :1106:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users