#1 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

I did 3 short video on how to prep brass using basic tools. If you are a volume shooter, you can now buy tools to make these process much more faster and effortless. However, if your like me who still enjoy doing it one brass at a time, then you'll enjoy these. I also included a segment on how to measure bullet runout. This video is also useful for the beginner handloader. So here they are guys. Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.c...feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.c...feature=related
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

On the bullet run out what are you looking for on the dial.The more the needle moves the more out of round it is ?good video's.

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

The movement doesn't matter much... it's the swing of the dial. The farther apart they are, the bigger the run-out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 oz_fox_hunter

oz_fox_hunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Hunting feral pest species, riding motorbikes,

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the videos.. I learn't some stuff and they got me thinking that I should be paying more attention to detail in case preparation for my hunting ammo.

#5 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Oz, you're welcome. Remember you do case preparation only once and you don't have to do it again until you replace the brass.

#6 Caneman

Caneman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

DF, do you ever anneal your brass?

#7 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Good Videos there Desert Fox - I had you figured on the wrong continent entirely based on your screen name! I haven't dealt with checking runout yet, even though I have the equipment. I should check some of my .204 and see what it's doing. That's the longest range cartridge I have besides my Sharps 45-70...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#8 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

DF, do you ever anneal your brass?

Yes, I do! As a matter of fact, I'll be making a short video next on how to anneal brass.

#9 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Good Videos there Desert Fox - I had you figured on the wrong continent entirely based on your screen name! I haven't dealt with checking runout yet, even though I have the equipment. I should check some of my .204 and see what it's doing. That's the longest range cartridge I have besides my Sharps 45-70...

LOL, I know. it throw people off.

#10 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

What do you do if the bullet is too for out of specs, or what is the limit that you will keep the bullets?
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#11 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Anything over .003 is segregated and use for practice.

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

you do all this for long range shooting right .Do you also go threw all these steps for accuracy for hunting rounds to?

#13 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

It's the same except on smaller round like the 223. I do however uniformed primer pocket, trimmed brass to the same length and sorted brass by weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users