26 replies to this topic

#1 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone!I was just wondering if there is a section or thread pertaining to gatherings or shoots for traditional archers? I have seen other forum where they have threads for the sole purpose of gatherings (such as cook outs, meet and greets, and shoots for their states). Just wondering if some of us could all meet up some day at some day for fellowship and shooting. I haven't found anything that gives me a listing of local shoots as well except at BHU (Bowhunters Unlimited) in Saratoga. They have a few listings on the board at the range, sometimes.Anyway just a thought. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Thanks and have a great weekend!El

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

Since you brought it up El, why don't you start one. Find a place, pick a date and let folks know. If it's in the central valley I'm sure there will be a good number of folks showing up. Go for it.

#3 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Okay, Foster's Freeze on East Side of San Jose on a Sunday afternoon :signs653wf: But seriously, okay, we'll let's see....I usually go to Saratoga, Bow Hunters Unlimited. Is anyone willing to meet up there to shoot on a Saturday and we could bring some of our own dishes have a potluck later or go out to eat....just a suggestion.Anyone??El

#4 leftfoot

leftfoot

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Go to the TAC web site. Traditional Archers of California. I was a member many years ago and want to rejoin soon. It was always a good Club.

#5 mojohand

mojohand

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

I'd be interested, but where is Saratoga exactly. I'm in Sacramento area. Would be nice to get a fairly central location to get more participation and make it a regular thing

#6 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

Mojo....Saratoga is near San Jose. It's the only range besides the one in San Jose that is close to me. It's really nice. I don't know of any other archery ranges further North of me. But I am guessing we're about a 2 hour drive from you?

#7 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Well, plenty of Trad shoots down here in So. Cal...

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hi El, I have a compound would that eliminate me :1106:..I'd be open for a meet and greet -- btw, I think there's a range in Cupertino as well - out at Stevens Creek Res area. I'll look it up. (Btw, I'm in Almaden Valley, so am local and can go to Saratoga)

#9 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

Unless they closed down, Redwood Ardhers were in the Oakland Hills, Briones archers were in San Pablo near the resrvoir, and then there Is MT Diablo Archers in Clayton off of Morgan Territory Road.. I spent many Hours at all of these places when I was shooting competittion. Good ranges, and usually very nice people too.

#10 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Mac, anyone can shoot at the Saratoga range....but usually it's the traditional that get together for 3-D shoots and such....sure you dont' have a stick of wood and some string laying around somewhere? :1106:

#11 leftfoot

leftfoot

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

If you shoot the Awesome stickbow classic in Roseville. You'll make lot's of contacts. Maya puts it on every november. It's a GREAT shoot.

#12 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Mantica sportmans club is going to have a shoot on Aug 12-14. Will get more info. 28 3d targets Recurve ,long bow and self bow.

#13 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Leftfoot!!!Thumper, keep me posted please. My mom lives in Oakdale so that is a great location for me!El

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

did you ever get that lord of the rings bow......... :) sorry I couldn't help myself.....

#15 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

Lord of the Rings bow??? I did get a custom made long bow from South Georgia. Made out of Coca Bola, Osage, and Purple Heart. :) El

#16 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

I do believe he was talking about that monster you had a picture of you shooting a while back with both feet and both hands :) . That just looked like WAY too much fun.

#17 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

It was sometime back If you don't remember never mind.I am shooting a re-curvee now it's fun that's for sure.There is a great range not to far from me and they have archery matches every once and awhile thumper an dpecker go's to them.

#18 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Had some time to kill. This was the post in question, I do believe.... :) http://www.californi...showtopic=14813

#19 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

OH the FOOTBOW!!!!! :) Thanks Bisley! My arms hurt so bad the next day! It was fun though! Someone brought that to Primitive Day at BHU in Saratoga! Thanks for retrieving that thread!!Shoot It...what range you and Thumper go to?

#20 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

I remember reading it the first time thinking "Damn, I still get sore after pulling strings for a few hours (and I ain't little!) I can't imagine how I would feel after pulling THAT thing a couple times". You definitely (wo)manned up on that one! I would have done it (eventually), but would have had to think about it, and the soreness tomorrow, for a spell first :)

#21 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Bisley! I don't know if I would try it again....I have some shoulder and neck issues now...I would have to bathe in Tiger Balm first before I attempted it again! :) El

#22 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

I don't go to a range I use my lawn.There is a real nice one along the San joaquin in newmen.

#23 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

Okay everyone...I'll be looking up some dates here soon after the 4th so that if anyone wants to meet up at the BHU range in Saratoga they will have plenty of notice. Just thought it might be fun if some of us could meet up. Stay tuned for details...... :D

#24 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

Okay, so, I am choosing 2 dates so that we can see what is the better date for everyone to choose from. July 16th, Saturday or July 23rd, Saturday. Please post your preference. I think we could all meet up at Bowhunters Unlimited in Saratoga just to shoot the breeze and eat some lunch. We can all bring some goodies and enjoy ourselves after shooting for a few. Sound good??? :lol:

#25 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

UHHMMMMMMMM...hello...anyone?

#26 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

No can do July 23rd...out scouting my deer zone that weekend. Have fun - hopefully others will respond!

#27 leftfoot

leftfoot

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

If you're in Sacramento you should try shooting the Yube -Sutter range at Spence-ville. It's open and a good practice course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users