Photo

Great buy on Rem HD Lead Free Shotshells!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

Bass Pro Shops has Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense 2-3/4" 1-1/4 oz shotshells for $9.98 per box of 10 shells.They have 1-1/4 oz of BB, Item number 38-876-285-00 and a 1-1/4 oz Duplex load of 2's and 4's Item Number 38-876-286-00.These 2-3/4" 12 gauge shells have the Rem HD Tungsten-Bronze-Iron pellets that are heavier than lead for only $9.98 per box.Yesterday I received the 25 boxes that I ordered. About two years ago I bought 7 lbs of Hevi-Shot "B" shot to load some 2-3/4" low recoil coyote loads for kids or ladies to shoot at coyotes. That Hevi-Shot cost $1.70 for every 1-1/8 oz shell. These Rem HD shells for $1.00 a piece is hard to believe.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#2 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

That sounds like a great deal for non-lead shotgun ammo! The cost of that stuff kills me.What do you think about the performance of the 2.75 inch versus the 3 inch?

#3 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

The 3" HD 1-1/2 oz loads I opened up had 72 pellets in them so the 1-1/4 oz 2-3/4" loads should have right at 60 pellets in them.I will still be using 3" shells for coyotes most of the time but in places that I can see only 30 to 35 yards or less the 2-3/4" HD BBs wiil work fine. I did order a bunch of the 2X4 Duplex loads also to shoot at ducks if I go duck hunting.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#4 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Bass Pro Shops still has these Remington 12 ga 2-3/4" HD loads for $9.98 per box of 10 shells. I got a flyer from Natchez today and Natchez is selling them for $24.00 per box of 10 shells. If you wanted to buy Tungsten-Bronze-Iron shot to reload it would cost more for 1-1/4 oz of shot than it does for each one of these shells.I just ordered some more of them.If you hunt ducks or hunt coyotes in the Condor Zone these shells are a great deal!

#5 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

Bass Pro Shops still has the 2-3/4" HD BB 1-1/4 oz lead free loads for $9.98 per box of 10. These are Tungsten Iron heavier than lead loads.Natchez has them for $22.49Sportsman Guide has them for $25.47Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $22.56If you wanted to reload 1-1/4 oz Hevi-Shot loads the price per shell from BPI, just for the shot comes to $1.76.To reload BPI's ITX shot in 1-1/4 oz loads would be $1.45 per shell just for the shot.The loaded Rem HD 1-1/4 oz shells from Bass Pro Shops including shipping and tax came to $1.10 per shell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users