• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

I just got done installing some parts I ordered from SRM Performance. Posted Image Posted ImageI had the piston sealed to do away with the troublesome gas springPosted ImageAnd I replaced the original recoil spring/tube assembly with the stainless sure cycle system.The action ran a bit to fast with the heavy spring that came installed in the sure cycle but it also came with one that is more like a stainless version of the factory spring. It ran like a champ with that one.I also installed one of their extra power stainless magazine springs. All in all, great quality parts and customer service.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Matt How much for all the parts?? I've haven't had a problem with mine but might think about some backup parts for insurance. Hate to have a gun down waiting for parts during the season.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

The sure cycle cost $155.55. Having the piston sealed cost $35.00. The mag spring cost 10.00. Shipping and handling was &12.95 for a grand total of $213.90. I would definitely get the piston sealed but even if you don't I kept all of my old parts and I have a couple extra piston springs so if you have any sort of breakdown just let me know and we can get you going in no time, I'm just up the road in hilmar.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

does those 3 1/2 shells beat the crap out of those shotguns is that why people have problems.I hope that up grade helps it looks like it should.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

I think so but then again my other Browning is a 3 inch gun and it broke a spring too.A guy at another forum told me that what I was experiencing with the heavy spring in the sure cycle is normal until it breaks in so today I put the heavy spring back in and manually cycled the action a bunch of times. The jamming problem went away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users