Photo

Speed (FPS ) limit on OLL/AR platform ?????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

just wondering if there is a speed limit to the design of the gun as most firearms work on the pressure of the round . I ask because I loaded up some .20 Varmint Grenades per talking to Barnes for my Tac.20 The action on the gun seemed to move WAAAY faster than when I shoot other rds ( Hornady .20 32grn V Max 6x45 ) through it . I have a JARD 1 1/2 # trigger ( single stage , adj ) in it . It has not skipped , burped , hiccuped with the 32grn VMax or my 6x45 upper . Today i ran my VG load through it & it shot remarkably well , 7 rds under a Quarter @ 100 yrds . BUT on the 7th rd it Hiccuped the 8th rd . I don't have a Chrony but that thing felt much differant than when shooting the other .20 rds or the 6x45 . Is it poss that it was just too fast for everything to " catch / work " properly ?????? Tore the gun apart & re installed the trigger per directions & added a " little " more secondary sear adj . I will try again next week to see what happens .

#2 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

You may need an adjustable gas block.

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

too much gas / a higher pressure / amount of gas throwing the bolt WAY too fast ? I take it just install and adjust until the gun cycles reliably ? I .E. don't operate it on full open . Kinda like what was on my FAL ? PS , i have put over 500 rds on this trigger in my OLL & atleast another 4-500 rds on this trigger in my FAB rec . Thas why I do not / did not think it was the sears ( primary or secondary )

#4 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

OLL? Don't you mean AR-15? :signlol2iu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users