• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Looks a little light in the photo... but gold in person... One could add a gold trigger...Posted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#2 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Very shinny. You are really into those Air Force guns huh?

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

At the moment. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I am doing some testing for one of the Airforce retailers. Airforce offers about the best frame out there for modifications and the trend is toward larger bores and more power. We just started testing ..308 and 9mm barrels with new valve systems. Besides hunting the real big market coming is self defense. At 200 fpe they are like a full power 38 spl at 300 fpe a 9mm but virtually silent. Make it compact and multishot and you have a winner. Not a pistol but a carbine and not a firearm - yet.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

I have always thought they were cool but never have bought one for two reasons, automatic safety and single shot. Other than that I like most other aspects of the modular design. That having been said, I am really interested in some of the carbines you have been posting lately, that stock is cool and they really have some impressive numbers. A big bore would be wicked cool too, keep us posted on that please.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

A good number of the Airforce owners take that safety off first thing. Not much to it. I think of them all as signle shot - even if they stick a magazine on them which is easy to do. They make decent stocks for them now which really turns them into a different gun. With the rear tank the balance is right on the rear of the grip. You can hold it level easily with one hand.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

My RWS 52 has an automatic safety and I can't stand it. I'm not sure if I'd want to remove the safety completely, especially on a gun of that power level. That stubby extreme looks like a handy, powerful little gun, very tempting.

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

I have a 52 as well. Once you go pcp its hard to go back. Stubby does 57 fpe with eun jin 43s. I use predators at 47 fpe 54 with kodiaks. Thats a lot of power for a 12" barrel and it is accurate. The extreme valve/ tank on my condor with a 24" .25 barrel tops 90 fpe with ejs. The 22 cal barrel on the Condor does 72 fpe with 32 gr ejs. When you get above 70 fpe it really feels like a very quiet 22 lr power wise. The 9mm barrel was more like a 22 mag or with a 78 gr ej at 164 fpe but the valve is changing for a goal of 200+ fpe.

I'm an airgunholic

#8 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

I know what you mean about springers. I love my 52 but hardy shoot after getting my .25 MROD. Those are some really impressive numbers for only a 12" barrel. When they come out with the 9mm will you still be able to drop in a smaller cal barrel like a .22 or .25?

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Only on Airforce guns. Thats the appeal. Complete flexibilty and high quality lothar walther barrels. I can swap tank/valves and barrels, etc between the Condor and Stubby. The 9mm barrel can be on in 5 minutes. They are cool.

I'm an airgunholic

#10 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

Interesting developments. The fpe numbers are interesting for those wanting a short range coyote gun.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users