9 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

Jeph helped me to get a new bumper put on the truck today that is a little more suited for going off road and 4 wheeling! Thanks, Jeph. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

WOW! :o Where's the cow catcher. Woo Woo! :P It looks nice, now you can just run the coyotes down. ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Nice bumper! Can you mount a winch behind the license plate? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did that thing run you? I also have a newer GMC and haven't seen too many bumpers that look good with the GMC front end, but that one follows the body lines nicely.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:21 AM

Yes, it is designed to house their bigger winches with no problems. I got a really sweet deal on the bumper and then did a little arm twisting on my friend to get him to help me install it. They retail for about $1800. There is a guy on E-Bay who sells this bumper with some big wenches as part of a package deal at a pretty good price.This is an ARB bumper than is new this year.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

You took the words out of my mouth SJ........ Thats one tough bumper bush guard I like it. You might want too tighten up the torsion bars too level out the truck it looks heavy. and nice truck i have always owned GMCs Thinking tradeing in for a new model.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:20 PM

I almost smoke a coyote with it yesterday evening on my way to school. If that darn car would have gotten out of my way I would have had it!!

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

There is a guy on E-Bay who sells this bumper with some big wenches as part of a package deal at a pretty good price.

Hey Heath,If I wasn't married those big wenches can be a good deal. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Couldn't resist.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

LOL ... I had a buddy who would tell you that they need loving too!

#9 RonW

RonW

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Calling Coyotes

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

LOL ... I had a buddy who would tell you that they need loving too!

Thats funny, I've had a couple big wenches in my time. I could tell you some stories from my Air Force days. They all look good at closing time....LOLPS> SBF, I like the bumper! Ron

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

Ron, thanks. I really like that bumper, too. I hope to get a wench stuffed into after the first of the year. Then I will start saving for the lift and wheels and tires I want for the 'ol girl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users