• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Thought I would post this one, after reading dabob's thread on the 45gr Hornday lead free bullets. AND, for any speed freaks out there (besides me). lolIn the Jan-March, 2011 issue of Varmint Hunter Magazine, there is an article titled "Nosler Red Mist 2010". It is on page 188. One of the things I found interesting (me being a recovering speed junkie) was Nosler's 35gr Lead Free bullet being driven at 4500 fps from a 22-250. And what I found even more interesting was that Nosler Co actually reached "Much Higher" velocities with SAFE pressures, but just settled on the 4500 fps. They stated they felt that "was plenty fast enough". WOW, now that is Blasphemy & an oxymoron to the MAX, in my (sick) mind. LOLPlug that "stuff" into a ballistics program and sight in at approx 1" high at 100 yards & the trajectory = -2" drop at 300 yards, -9" at 400 yards & -23" at 500 yards. Almost as good as the infamous 204 :smiley-funny-post-sign: Yeah, I know, barrel life would be only about 100 rounds though (in the 250). LOL Frank

#2 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

Holy Cow Frank, :smiley-funny-post-sign: If you guys start shooting loads like that, you're gonna drive up the price on Rem Factory Take Off Barrels after you all burn up your fancy after markett barrels.Lee

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

LOL... Dang Lee, I hadn't thought about that nightmare. :smiley-funny-post-sign: Oh well, as long as I do not have to settle for one of those skinny, girlie take off barrels I'll be semi-ok. LOLFrank

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hey Frank.. My .223 WSSM will spit a 40 gr out at 4600.. Now it may not hit what Im aiming at... but.. Just sayin... lol
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#5 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

It ain't the size of your "Barrel" its what you do with it, right??? :smiley-funny-post-sign: :sport037fn4: Lee

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, Grant, that is another screaming caliber for sure... SPEED KILLS (if we hit it/lol) :smiley-funny-post-sign: LOL.. Right on, Lee, right on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users