37 replies to this topic

#1 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

Stock that is approved by the BATF and makes your rifle act like a full auto! Those 10 round mags will empty pretty fast! lol

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

Interesting stock - it will make for a really expensive outing though. I'm 100% certain that our elected morons here in Kali already have their panties in a bunch and are drafting legislation to ban it.

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

It would be fun about one time just to get it out of your system, but why own one? Very expensive to shoot. Watch as the muzzle flies all over the place, missing anything you are trying to hit. And who would want to carry a gun with a stock constantly bouncing up and down making noise? But hey, you gotta love marketing gimmicks. May as well add a scope, red dot sight, and back-up iron sights too. Don't forget the red laser, green laser, yellow beam flashlight, white beam flashlight, cup holder, MP3 holder, and cell phone charger. Especially for the house, I'll continue to stick wit a DA revolver, where I don't have to fumble for any safeties, turn on any gadgets, or make any noise chambering a round. Just simply identify, point, pull, live another day.........almost sounds too simple, don't it?

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Bisley, I doubt the shooter with a short barrel would notice the noise from the stock.. lol You can lock it in place, but for the life of me other than a charge by a bunch of crazed ground squirrels..I cant see a use for it while hunting.

#5 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Ornery -- How appropriate, with May being National Zombie Awareness Month and all. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

Who cares about ammo people buy Ar's for plinking most of the time anyway.I think it is a good idea and would be fun to have.

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

The Slidefire stock is not CA legal. While the BATFE gives it a pass, it does not meet CA standard and the DOJ will soon be on you.From a Calguns discussion:posted from our own BWiese:...this likely could be considered a "multiburst trigger activator" per 12020(a)(1) PC.The definition of 'multiburst trigger activator' is in 12020©(23) PC: 12020©(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices: (A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device. ( B ) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.Note that while the name is 'trigger activator', there is no mention in the definition of the 'trigger' -as long as it's attached or designed to be attached to a semiauto firearm it's a no-no.In addition, this is not just an 'evil feature' part of AW definition like a pistol grip: this activiator deviceis separately and intrinsically illegal regardless of its attachment to a gun and does not even dependon the ownership of a gun it could fit.So don't get one. BTW, double felony charges are possible: importation and possession.

#8 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Heywood I think my finger is against the law then lol.

#9 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

Well the fellow that posted the info was from a different Country, He lives outside Of Kaliforniastan. lol I just thought it was interesting.

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Interesting, it definitely is. Unfortunately, useless also. It just never ceases to amaze me how much "tactical stuff" people will put on their rifle simply because it's labeled tactical. But in all honesty, I have to admit that I am very much prejudiced. I have always thought instead of worrying about a fast follow up shot with these rifles, we should worry more about why we didn't hit with the first shot.........

#11 bwiese

bwiese

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

Confirmed illegal in CA with a noted CA gun lawyer.Also, this part appears to be intrinsically illegal even if merely possessed and not attached to the gun (unlike, say,pistol grips or flash hiders, which are not illegal in & of themselves and only form illegal combinations on certaingun configurations).The definition of 'multiburst trigger activator' defines the device by its function/outcome, and not what it attachesto. The marketing videos by SlideFire, plus the fact that this clearly will allow an average rate of fire increase overa time period (vs. sporadic bumpfire with finger) , as demonstrated by DA crime lab, makes this a slam-dunkconviction in a CA court. Don't have one. If you did find yourself having one, find yourself not having one quickly. Sawzalls are your friend.Bill WieseSan Jose CA

#12 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Funny how Kommiefornia is so safe, all these laws that protect you all from all the crime running rampant! Judging by the laws you all have you should be the safest place in the US. High taxes, high debt, tons of needless/mindless laws, restricted gun rights....WOW. Makes me happy to be a NV resident for sure. I know NV aint perfect and some laws will cross over, i.e. cell phone/texting, and others, but it isnt Kommiefornia.

#13 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

I hope to be joining you soon in Nev! Hurry up retirement! lol

#14 Fill

Fill

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

I have never understood the necessity for a civilian to own a full auto rifle. Maybe as a party gag on your private property for shooting pumpkins or something. To each his own though.

#15 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

I have never understood the necessity for a civilian to own a full auto rifle. Maybe as a party gag on your private property for shooting pumpkins or something. To each his own though.

Fill, You have your right to your opinion, we live in America and I support your rights as well as all Americans rights, thats why I join the military at the ripe age of 18. I think the average upstanding citizen should be able to own anything full-auto, as the Second Amendment ONLY provides us the right to self defense. It is not about hunting or target shooting. The lefts agenda is to take rights away, fredoms away. Why do you think the leftists are so anti-gun but are the same ones against the death penalty and it's the "liberal" judges that have let countless criminals go free only to prey on the public again and again, furthering the need for more archaic laws and restricting fredoms. These liberal CA gun laws are to protect you all from yourselves, you cant own a magazine larger than 10 rnds because someone "could" do something bad with it, you cant own a night vision device for a gun because it "might" make it easier for someone to poach. How about you allow the law abiding public to have these rights and if they abuse them, come down on those people hard. No revolving door jails, make these folks do the time, or pay big fines? Because that is contrary to the leftists agenda, to take fredoms away from you all. That is why your CA gun laws for the most part dont make sense. In NV and a lot of other states full autos are allowed and did you know that not one legally owned full auto has NEVER been used in a crime? The left would have you believe that the more guns on the streets, the more violent crime. Wrong again, read the book, "Guns, Crime and Fredom". Look at FLA before and after the CCW laws there changed. CA will be a crappy state politiclly as long as folks allow these elitists to run your state. As I said before you all have the highest taxes and yet the highest debt. Worst gun rights and yet high crime. CA is a really nice place geographicly, but crappy politiclly. Use your votes and get it back.....Fill Im not trying to change your mind just open your eyes to the madness of some of the crazy crap going on in CA.

#16 Fill

Fill

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Fill, You have your right to your opinion, we live in America and I support your rights as well as all Americans rights, thats why I join the military at the ripe age of 18. I think the average upstanding citizen should be able to own anything full-auto, as the Second Amendment ONLY provides us the right to self defense. It is not about hunting or target shooting. The lefts agenda is to take rights away, fredoms away. Why do you think the leftists are so anti-gun but are the same ones against the death penalty and it's the "liberal" judges that have let countless criminals go free only to prey on the public again and again, furthering the need for more archaic laws and restricting fredoms. These liberal CA gun laws are to protect you all from yourselves, you cant own a magazine larger than 10 rnds because someone "could" do something bad with it, you cant own a night vision device for a gun because it "might" make it easier for someone to poach. How about you allow the law abiding public to have these rights and if they abuse them, come down on those people hard. No revolving door jails, make these folks do the time, or pay big fines? Because that is contrary to the leftists agenda, to take fredoms away from you all. That is why your CA gun laws for the most part dont make sense. In NV and a lot of other states full autos are allowed and did you know that not one legally owned full auto has NEVER been used in a crime? The left would have you believe that the more guns on the streets, the more violent crime. Wrong again, read the book, "Guns, Crime and Fredom". Look at FLA before and after the CCW laws there changed. CA will be a crappy state politiclly as long as folks allow these elitists to run your state. As I said before you all have the highest taxes and yet the highest debt. Worst gun rights and yet high crime. CA is a really nice place geographicly, but crappy politiclly. Use your votes and get it back.....Fill Im not trying to change your mind just open your eyes to the madness of some of the crazy crap going on in CA.

I am right there with you man. That is why I hate these internet forums sometimes…..things so easily can get taken out of context. Not faulting you at all, that is just how it goes on the internet I guess.I too am a blue blooded American that does not like to see my rights infringed upon.I too joined the military 2 months after graduating high school.I too am from Modesto (born and raised, went to Beyer actually).I too know how corrupt CA legislators are, and how anti-gun lobbyists line the pockets of politicians to push an agenda.I too realize there is a false sense of security for the rest of CAs good will because of my bullet button and blocked 10 rounds magsI too have even read “Guns, Crime and Freedom” also “The Global War on Your Guns”. You have to really pay close attention to some of the things Wayne LaPierre says though. He is a little out there.But I just do not understand why a civ would want to own one. Full auto is for laying down suppression fire or an offensive assault in a hot zone. I guess I am just having a hard time understanding where a lawful discharge of a rifle here at home would necessitate full auto? It surely would not be hunting. I guess target shooting? There are a few other firearms that do not belong in the hands of just anybody in my opinion simply because its our right to own firearms: M79…..M2 browning…..AA-12

#17 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

That seems no different than the stocks that were made for Marlin Camp 9 / 45 guns . The stock was designed for the receiver to float / rebound / recoil within the stock itself as the gun was fired . I think that it was canned in Calif as soon as it came out . Andy

#18 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

FillIt's all good I understood your point just wanted to talk about a different point of view maybe that you had not thought about. Looks like you understand and I ment no disrespect on your ideals. I think the law should focus on law breakers and leave the rest of us alone. Ever need a shooting partner PM me.

#19 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

There are a few other firearms that do not belong in the hands of just anybody in my opinion simply because its our right to own firearms: M79…..M2 browning…..AA-12

AMEN!!! I am sure I will catch Hell for this, but dare I say, Some things do need to be regulated. The problem is that our current government is not intelligent enough to know where to draw the line to stop. Ask yourself this question honestly while walking through a Wal-Mart at midnight: Would I really feel safe knowing these people can legally buy and shoot fully automatic weapons and shoot them next to me at a range, or worse yet, in the desert where I hunt? Or how about the scum that lives in that bad part of town we all hate to admit we have. Would you feel safe knowing they legally owned full automatic weapons? Not me brother!I do agree that we all should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons. Even full auto with training and a permit for those that want it. But saying everyone should be allowed to own any firearm made without question is like saying that when a teen-aged kid gets their license, they can go buy an 18 wheeled semi with a 52' trailer that same day and drive through your neighborhood with no additional training. We DO need SOME regulation, they just need to make better sense than the ones we have now.We need laws, but we also need them to make more sense. Good luck with that one!

#20 Fill

Fill

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

FillIt's all good I understood your point just wanted to talk about a different point of view maybe that you had not thought about. Looks like you understand and I ment no disrespect on your ideals. I think the law should focus on law breakers and leave the rest of us alone. Ever need a shooting partner PM me.

None taken at all brother. Same to you.

#21 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

AMEN!!! I am sure I will catch Hell for this, but dare I say, Some things do need to be regulated. The problem is that our current government is not intelligent enough to know where to draw the line to stop. Ask yourself this question honestly while walking through a Wal-Mart at midnight: Would I really feel safe knowing these people can legally buy and shoot fully automatic weapons and shoot them next to me at a range, or worse yet, in the desert where I hunt? Or how about the scum that lives in that bad part of town we all hate to admit we have. Would you feel safe knowing they legally owned full automatic weapons? Not me brother!I do agree that we all should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons. Even full auto with training and a permit for those that want it. But saying everyone should be allowed to own any firearm made without question is like saying that when a teen-aged kid gets their license, they can go buy an 18 wheeled semi with a 52' trailer that same day and drive through your neighborhood with no additional training. We DO need SOME regulation, they just need to make better sense than the ones we have now.We need laws, but we also need them to make more sense. Good luck with that one!

Bisley,I live in NV and I DO shoot next to guys with full autos at the range and the desert is full of guys shooting full autos, silencers and the like. NONE of which has lead to anyone shooting me. Walmart IS a safe place for me in Vegas at night I have a CCW and a G23 on my side, something I cant do in CA because their laws say I cant carry with my permit from NV, but my NDL is valid, go figure. Its not the guns that commit the crimes, its the people who misused them. I say EXECUTE these violent offenders within 90 days of their convictions! Watch violent crimes drop with a quickness. Certainly would deal with repeat offenders. Hell I say put the executions on pay per view, and give all the money to the victims families. NV and a lot of other states do allow comon folk to own and shoot full auto guns, again, NOT ONE legally owned class III gun has ever been used in a crime. The only reason I dont have one here in Vegas is I have not had the extra cash to spend the $6K for my UZI. LOL. That brings up another point, Class III guns are NOT cheap. Look up the prices, not just everyone can afford them. They are highly collectable and pieces of history. Hey, CA has no class III weapons? Didnt I see two guys on TV robbing a bank with full autos? In LA? The gun free zone? See laws dont work for criminals....

#22 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Wal-Mart is a safe place at night here too, didn't say it wasn't. I just said that I would now way feel comfortable with that crowd of people owning full auto weapons! And yes, well with 15 times more people in this state (look it up if you don't believe me) and MANY of them involved in gang activity or illegal and still owning weapons, you can keep the full auto weapons in Nevada, thanks. And I have never been shot by a felon YET but I still don't think they should own firearms. Not having something happen yet is a poor excuse for allowing something, sorry. I absolutely do not understand the comment about guys robbing banks with full autos. I thought we were discussing citizens legally owning firearms. Criminals will always have stuff like that, that's wht they are called CRIMINALS, duh. Guys are driving tanks near San Diego, should the public be allowed to own them too?!Most people I observe on the range ( maybe you don't or just don't want to admit it) should not be allowed to shoot a single shot .22 let alone a full auto rifle. I love driving fast, but don't believe the public should own top fuel dragsters to go to work in either. I understand we all get frustrated losing more and more rights each year, but we really should take a look at some of the ones we complain about. Losing our semi autos when so many are used from wing-shooting to prarie dog blasting is wrong. Not being able to own full auto weapons that can get out of control in a majority of the public's hands is not. I just don't see how anyone can sit here and honestly tell me that the avarage person who buys a gun after shooting with his buddies and liked it (because that is what most of the "department" gun stores sell to) would be safe in handling a full auto rifle! A great many of these people have never even handled a rifle before, let alone a fully auto one. And if you don't believe that there are that many new, uneducated shooters out there, you need to spend more time at the gun stores. It will scare the Hell out of you and hopefully change your mind.As far as frying the convicted ones, I agree unconditionally. I think the families should be offered the chance to pull the lever or push the button on convicted murderers.

#23 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

I guess we agree to disagree...and Im glad you are in SoCAL, LOL.

#24 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Bisley, lest you think you're alone in your thinking, don't. I agree with what you are saying.

#25 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

I've got to agree with Bisley too. :drinks:

#26 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Thanks guys, believe it or not I often wonder if I'm the only one with the way I think sometimes. I am all for our freedoms, but I am also all for some rules. I do not agree with a 10 day wait period, but I was thrilled when they at least started us show that we know how to load and unload a gun before we can leave a store with it. Many people were upset at this, but here's how I saw it: it takes me 10 seconds to show them even though I already know how (big deal) but at least the few people who don't know that picked up their gun today and will be shooting in the same areas I do now, if nothing else, know how to empty it safely. How can this be a bad thing?DesetDog, nothing wrong with two adults disagreeing. And I hope you never do have a problem ever. You obviously have way more trust in the average Joe than I do though :653: . And as far as CA goes, I have just spent over a week in CO also, and let me tell you this, there lots that I like about the state and lots of things I don't. It is the same with ANY state. I happen to love the state of CA, I just can not stand the way it is being run.

#27 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Ornery -- How appropriate, with May being National Zombie Awareness Month and all. :653:

How right you are! October is just around the corner and you know what that means......National Vampire Eradication Month! Must have those full autos shooting wood bullets ALL to the heart. Gotta get em all or there'll be more to come..........Accuracy is of prime importace so all class 3 holders get out to the range and get in a good amount of practice. Muzzle rize shouldn't be a problem with those mandatory wood bullets :roflmao3[1]:

#28 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

How right you are! October is just around the corner and you know what that means......

Yep, to all of us bird nuts it means quail and chukar season open :roflmao3[1]: :653:

#29 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

MMMMM........Quail! Not easy to get but easy to eat :653:

#30 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Just so everybody knows there are two Desert Dogs here. I'm CA Desert Dog. :653:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users