#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

EDIT! Hornady doesn't show a 45 gr NTX in their website. Bullet # 22240 is the 35 gr NTX bullet. It looks like there was some incorrect information about a Hornady 45 gr NTX bullet that came from Hornady. Many different websites show a 45 gr NTX bullet but they all have the 35 gr NTX bullet number 22240.I just got a notification e-mail from ableammo.com that they do have the new Hornady .224 cal Lead Free NTX 45 gr bullets available.The information in the link below in not correct.http://www.ableammo....ducts_id=119646
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#2 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

well everything I have found does not show a 45 GN not even the Hornady page lists a 45

#3 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

homemade thanks for pointing that out to me. The 22240 number that shows to be a 45 gr NTX bullet on some of the websites is a 35 gr bullet on Hornady's website. If they really are 35 gr bullets I will cancel my order.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#4 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Not too long ago I bought 45 grain .223 unleaded bullets from the distributor of Sinterfire. I had previously shot some Fiocchi that were loaded with them and liked them. They are actually made with tin and another alloy and baked. They are frangible. Just have to be careful crimping as they will break if crimped too hard.Haven't heard of anyone else using them but they were considerably cheaper than these Hornadys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users