• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

In case you missed it, the barracuda action was wide open this week! Catching these things when the action is wide open is about as much fun as you can have with your rod in public and not go to jail :signbs1zn: . Looking at the reports today, it may have died down a bit, but it should open back up for another week or so. Keep your eyes on the fishing reports. Here's a couple of pics of the little monster that almost won me the jackpot on Thursday. Second biggest only to be beat out by just over 6 ounces. Can't win em all. Still a good feeling to know that out of almost 400 fish mine was second largest. Not bad for a 2 year old little $28 rod and reel combo. That thing is a fish magnet and it just kills the boys with the money rigs to watch me do it. :signbs1zn: Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

If you really want to "kill" big money fisherman.... fish with your clicker on. :pirashoot: For some reason it drives the nuts. :pirashoot: Murph.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

Or fish like all of th ------s with you reel upside down, assuming you are using a coffee grinder reel. I don't get to wound up about the barracuda except that it means the Treshers are not far behind them..

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Not bad for a 2 year old little $28 rod and reel combo. That thing is a fish magnet and it just kills the boys with the money rigs to watch me do it.

Hey, Bisley, I always LOVE when that happens... For me, it's at the rifle range whenever I can outdo them. M A N Y years ago, I too had the 2nd largest fish on the boat. It also was a barracuda! Pretty Cool! Anyway, Congrats on a great trip and your fine catch... Pics are awesome!! :pirashoot: Frank

#5 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

Ceviche season! Congrats!

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

Looks like a great day. Fishing beats working any day. :pirashoot:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Congrats. Never caught any of those before, but all fishing is fun in my books.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hey, Bisley, I always LOVE when that happens... For me, it's at the rifle range whenever I can outdo them.Frank

Yep, or watching your 10 year old nephew with an old M1 carbine ring steel plates consistently while guys with decked out AR's miss! As for the clickers and upside reeling, I was using the spinner. But as always, there were a few of them guys again also. Me, I just laugh and take it with a grain of salt. After all, I just got back into saltwater fishing myself a couple years back. We did have two functioning developmentally disabled young men (20's) on the boat. Nice to see them out, but the one had a hairlip and was LOUD. Drove us nuts at times. Poor guy too, he was throwing irons also when he caught the eyelets of another guys pole (not being used) and shortened it by a few inches :pirashoot: .I love catching barracuda. They fight well, give lots of meat, and you don't seem to get as twisted up in other's lines when bringing them in like tuna. Besides, the tuna boats/fishermen tend to be way too retentive for me. I know, they spend a lot of money to go out there, but fishing should be fun not frustrating.

#9 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

Yep, or watching your 10 year old nephew with an old M1 carbine ring steel plates consistently while guys with decked out AR's miss!

OMG, ain't that the truth... You wouldn't think it would surprise me anymore, but some how it still never ceases to amaze me.

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hahahahahaha :pirashoot: . You're terrible, I love it. Yeah, you never get immune to it. And I KNOW Frank, you've had to have turned your scope down, set your bolt gun on a bipod and shoot, hit, rack the bolt and hit again 5 times in a row and be damn near as fast (or faster) than these guys. You ALMOST feel bad, but you get over it quick :pirashoot: .I never mind being an FNG (Freaking New Guy), but I never want to be "That Guy", no matter how long I've been doing anything.

#11 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

:pirashoot: & so true on the "new / that" guy thing... no shortage of "experts"; at least in their own minds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users