• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

I am searching for a scope for my new Stubby Extreme airgun and amd looking for a 6-24x side focus with a 1/2 mil dot reticle that isn't too heavy. I think that is pointing me towards a Hawke Varmint unless someone has a better choice. I really enjoy high magnification from my BR days so anything that doesn't give my 14x is out of the question. I use the higher powers for scanning or checking targets, etc. I was looking at 30mm scopes but everything seems real heavy which is to be expected, At 18 ozs the Hawke Varmints are pretty light. Any other ideas? Thanks

#2 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I have the Hawke illuminated reticle 6-24 on my AR15.It is a heavy rifle,don't know what the scope weighs.I like the scope for the dollar spent.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I have two Hawke Sidewinder Tacticals on my PCP rilfles and they are fabulous scopes but they are about 27 ozs. For Stubby Extreme I was trying to keep the weight at 20 ozs or below since it is my carry around gun. I have a couple of scopes that would work but I find it a pain w/o a side focus (Mueller Tactical 4-16x50 Illuminated).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users