• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

I am searching for a scope for my new Stubby Extreme airgun and amd looking for a 6-24x side focus with a 1/2 mil dot reticle that isn't too heavy. I think that is pointing me towards a Hawke Varmint unless someone has a better choice. I really enjoy high magnification from my BR days so anything that doesn't give my 14x is out of the question. I use the higher powers for scanning or checking targets, etc. I was looking at 30mm scopes but everything seems real heavy which is to be expected, At 18 ozs the Hawke Varmints are pretty light. Any other ideas? Thanks

I'm an airgunholic

#2 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I have the Hawke illuminated reticle 6-24 on my AR15.It is a heavy rifle,don't know what the scope weighs.I like the scope for the dollar spent.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I have two Hawke Sidewinder Tacticals on my PCP rilfles and they are fabulous scopes but they are about 27 ozs. For Stubby Extreme I was trying to keep the weight at 20 ozs or below since it is my carry around gun. I have a couple of scopes that would work but I find it a pain w/o a side focus (Mueller Tactical 4-16x50 Illuminated).

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users