2 replies to this topic

#1 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

I am not a big fan of non-lead ammo but has anyone tried this? I've tried the 53 gr Superformance and it knocked the snot out of coyotes..
Force Shittes on the Back of Reason-B Franklin

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

On Saturday I saw at least 40 squirrels get shot by my son Wes, while he was using the Hornady Superformance 223 Rem 35 gr NTX ammo. I was VERY impressed by what this ammo did to the squirrels. I have shot quite a few squirrels over the years with 223's, 22-250's and 243's but these 35 gr Hornady NTX bullets from a 223 Rem at 4000 fps flipped squirrels in the air farther and higher than I have ever seen before. It was very impressive.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hmmmmm, I guess SPEED really does kill, eh? Sorry, couldn't help myself...again! :fireworks3: Yeah, I HATE this non-lead stuff, but we are being forced to use this cxxp more & more, sad to say. Let us know how they do if you try them out (on coyotes).Good LuckFrank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users