8 replies to this topic

#1 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ordered a Cabelas brand tumbler (Berry Mfg.) got it today, it came with a strainer, corncob media and some brass polish. I knew it would show up at the shop today so I brought 150 rounds of 6.8 to work and as soon as I had the box opened I had it cleaning for me. I decided on the Cabelas tumbler for a few reasons, price had a bit to do with it but the two biggest things were the warranty (life on the plastics, 3 years on the motor) and it was way quieter than my buddies Lyman. Ran it for 2.5 hours using the corncob and polish with a sample pack of Flitz metal polish thrown in and my brass came out lookin brand new. I don't know if it really took the full 2.5 hours to get it all shiny or not cuz I took off on a few errands for an hour or so, but 2.5 hours seems ok to me since I didn't have to do anything to clean em up. So far I'm happy with it and I have it running right now cleaning up about 100 .223 rounds it's about 2 feet from my T.V. and I haven't had to turn the volume up on it to hear over the tumbler. It's a win for now.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

That sounds like a winner. :signbs1zn: Three years on the motor is very good. It seems if they make it the first year of good use they last. I have several that have been chugging along for more than 15 years.

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

I've got the same Cabela's unit. It works great and it is pretty quiet.

#4 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

I sure like mine

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Had the Lyman for about a decade now, and your right, it is noisy! But, I run it in the garage so I can't hear it inside or in the reloading room. Hope you have the same luck (longevity) with yours.

#6 XR100

XR100

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Hand gun, smoke pole and rifle competition, varmint hunting, wood turning, electronics, cooking and baking, taking naps in the shade.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

I ordered my Cabelas model for all the same reasons. I can't say that it's a quiet as you describe but I run it in the shop so the "buzz" isn't an issue. I sure like what it does and, IMO, it was a very good deal. :)

#7 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

I too have the same tumbler kit. Its going on 3 years old, and still going strong. Good luck with your new toy!

#8 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

Haywood : what model is it ? I looked at their site and did not see any specs on warranties , etc . thanx , Andy

#9 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

I don't remember the model number off the top of my head, its the Cabela's model that comes with the corncob media, polish and a strainer thing. It's made by Berry Mfg. I got the warranty info from a different website (don't remember where) and when I got the box it had the warranty card in it confirming what I read elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users