• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Well I was finally able to go out hunting so I got up at 6am and went to do some pest control. I took my .22cal Theoben Rapid MKII and went to see what was around the ranch. When I got there I saw a lot of gopher mounds that were open and just as I got out of my truck I saw one coming ou of his hole but before I could get the gun out of the case he decided he was done for the day and closed off his hole. So I got my gear together and started off and just as I was getting ready to stake out a huge gopher hole I see a half dozen young ground squirrels out between 25-35 yards. So I get into position and start popping them like I was in a shooting gallery. The young ones are dumb as a rock and just either sit there or come over to see why there budies head just blew up. I reloaded my clips and headed to another spot that had a large squirrel mound with several holes. I setup and I didn't have to wait long before they started coming out of there den, I almost couldnt shoot them fastest enough. It was like playing whack-a-mole they would pop there heads out and I would whack them....lol All in all it was a great day, not too hot and just enough wind to keep things cool. I ended up getting 34 squirrels between 20 and 60 yards in a little over 2 hours, I had to shoot a few twice as they wouldnt stop twitching quick enough. I started with 2900psi and after 40 shots I was at 2100psi not too bad I think.Attached File  1.jpg   19.25KB   14 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   13.68KB   13 downloads

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

Nice shooting. We are finally getting airguns added to our game laws in Missouri. We had the pest birds, deer, and turkey but not the little game like rabbits and squirrels. When I asked about it they said plenty of folks were already using airguns already as long as they followed the seasons and limits but no one had asked to have it written like the deer and turkey. Go figure.

#3 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Thanks, these squirrels are between 20 and 60 yards, the young ones move around a lot and are a lot smaller so a little harder to hit.Attached File  1.jpg   30.36KB   9 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   23.99KB   8 downloads

#4 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

This one almost got me though.Attached File  1.jpg   21.16KB   12 downloads

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

What pellets did you use?

#6 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

JSB 18.1 at 40fpe

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

Nice shooting those small ones can be a challenge to hit at distance. :roflmao3[1]:

#8 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Nice shooting those small ones can be a challenge to hit at distance. :roflmao3[1]:

Very true, even when there standing up there still not that tall.....lol I got 5 in only a few minutes as they kept coming over to see what there buddy was doing on the ground.....lol

#9 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

not an air gun shooter but nice shooting. Thanks for the photos and article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users