• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

Best accuracy to date of all pellets (7 different ones now) tested in my .25 Marauder. The Cudas/Kodiaks 31.02 and Predators 26.00 all cut a rough hole at 30 yards. At 50 yards and beyond is where the Predators are a little better but they are both very good. I did not have these results with the 22 cal Predators in my Condor. It clearly likes Kodiaks/Cudas 21.14 or JSB Exacts 14.3 grain the best..25 JSB Predators 26 grain840 avg fps Marauder at 73 F, 450 Elevation, 46% humidity40.75 fpeGlad they worked well as I ordered 4 tins at Pyramyd for the discounts.

#2 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Next time I order pellets I will have to try those predators. My .25 Mrod likes the 25.4gn jsbs the best, running at 900fps I get nickel size groups out to forty yards. I was able to shoot a 1.5 inch group a few weeks ago off a bipod at 100 yards. Every time I shoot my Marauder it continues to amaze me.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

Aren't the Marauders amazing on accuracy? The choked barrels are strange though. The pellets nearly fall through them for most of the length gaining speed and then get aligned in the last couple of inches that determines the final stability of flight. There seems to be a velocity limitation or optimum velocity for choked barrels and pellets. FX is coming out with a new barrel that changed/reduces the length of rifling that is supposed to be accurate with pellets at much higher velocities. I suspect the larger caliber barrels that will come out down the road a bit may go back to std barrels and bullets.

#4 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Havoc, that's an incredible amount of FPS out of that .25 Marauder. How did you get your rifle to shoot those 25.4 JSBs at 900 FPS? I would really like to know what settings you are using to get that power. Did you make some major modifications to it to allow it to achieve those numbers?

#5 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

I don't remember what I set it at exactly. I tuned it last fall and haven't had to mess with it since. The drawback to running it that hot is a lower shot count. To compensate I run a 3200 psi fill but still only get a couple of mags before poi drops.

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

I figure I'll only tune for two clips tops anyways. When I'm hunting rabbits, jacks or other game that is a little larger, I'm fortunate if I get one shot at something, so having 16 decent powered shots would be fantastic for my .25 Marauder. Before my Marauder needed rebuilding today I had it shooting 27.8 grain Benji Domes at an average of 852 FPS! Then after I took it apart to fix the O-Ring in the breech and reassembled it, the average had dropped to 835.4!? I don't know what I did, but I lost 15 FPS and I'm trying to tune it and get that 15 FPS back :good:. This tuning is a little bit frustrating. I wish they would make it just a bit more simplified for these Marauders. It seems the setting for one gun may not work for another :( .

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Ted in Madison finally did a review of the Marauder .25 (he does reviews for Airguns of Arizona). I wish he had tested more pellets but an impressive review regardless.http://www.youtube.c...ture=digest_mon

#8 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Brant,

thanks for posting the Marauder .25 review.
I went to Ted Holdover site and found the link to the 15% off coupon.

Ted has a link to a CROSMAN 15% off COUPON!! Works on all Marauder Rifles (all calibers) and the Marauder Pistol.

Hello Guys, I have secured a promotional deal with Crosman Corp. It will get you 15% off the Benjamin Marauder if buy directly from Crosman's website. Here's what you have to do. Click on the following link:

http://www.pntra.com...KTENITEBJQ0dHTA

This link will register your discount with Crosman's promotional vendor, and you will immediately be directed to Crosman's official website. You must go through this link for the promotion to work.

Once there, add whatever you want to your cart. When you go to checkout, you will have the option to enter a promotional code. Enter the following:

TEDHLDVR2012

BAM! DONE! You could get the Marauder .25 for $433.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users