• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

So I have been looking around for a while for a budget .308 and I found one! I just got my Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 mounted and I am ready launch some lead to get it sighted in. It is surprisingly light and shoulders like it was cut for me. I am looking forward to getting some pigs and deer with this one. The camo isn't to shabby either. Watch out yotes!Attached File  1.jpg   14.73KB   15 downloads
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#2 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

Also if anyone has worked up a good yote round that I could give a go I would love to give a few a try.
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

My buddy own one but in 243. Very accurate rifle. I'm sure yours will be too. There are tons of load for the 308. For yote, you probably well served with 110 grain Hornady V-Max and case full of either Varget or Reloader 15. For deer or pig, a premium 150 grain bullet is all you need.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

I used an 125 grain serra spitzer with 46 grains of dupont 3031 worked well for me from coyote, to deer
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

Nice rifle and perfect size scope for all around hunting.Have fun with it.

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

I was looking that Marlin over at the Shot Show and it seems like a sweet rifle. I'll bet you are going to really love it. Git er' dialed in and go smoke some yotes.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#7 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I am heading out to some BLM land tomorrow to get it dialed and then I am going to do a little bit of pig hunting. Hopefully I will have a report for you guys sometime next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users