5 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Posted ImageThis is part 3, and the final segment, about hunting California Ground Squirrels with my Marauder PCP Pistol. If you would like to view the rest of the story, complete with video, shot realtime during the hunt, please go here, and thanks for looking. http://varmintair.typepad.com/
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Excellent writeup and great video. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. I have a lot of fun doing this, plus it promotes airgun hunting, which in my opinion, is just too much fun to miss out on. :)
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Enjoyed your 3 part report. It reinforces my feelings about the prod being a great little airgun. Mine is working out great for targets and hunting. Your shooting was, as always, great.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

They are fun guns aren't they. My preferred shot on ground squirrels, is the head shot. Over the past five decades, I've killed tens of thousands of them with head shots, and as you can see in the video, head shots were an easy no brainer, so to speak. :)

#6 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Watching those ground squirrels roll down the hill after being hit never gets old. As always love the videos and great info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users