3 replies to this topic

#1 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

I'm seriously thinking about trying to load up some lead free rounds for my Mosin, saw that barnes makes some .311 that'll work for it. I'm thinking that hitting a squeek with that round will win any carnage asada competitions lol. Anybody worked anything up for that round/bullet combo yet?
Ne Desit Virtus

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

It's a Barnes bullet so Bisley and myself would never load it to know. I'm sure Noler makes something that would work. But you'll never beat the explosiveness of a light fast bullet like a .17, .20 or .224 caliber. Speed kills and also makes the best splatter patterns.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

It's a Barnes bullet so Bisley and myself would never load it to know.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!! Like the old Bartles & Jaymes commercials (showing my age), "And thank you for your support".

#4 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

I am working on lead free loads for my Mosin. There are not many options in a .310-.311 dia bullet. Pretty much only Barnes and Sinterfire that I have found.Barnes has a few options, RRLP, TSX and TTSX. The .310 108gr RRLP shoots ok out of my gun. The .311 125gr Sinterfire Frangables dont shoot for crap.If your guns likes .308 dia bullets then you have a TON more options.Mine really likes the .308 110gr TTSX, and for Leaded it likes the Hornady 123gr SP. I have not tried V-max bullets yet
Hic Ego Statio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users