5 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Posted ImageLast week, I finally had a chance to hunt California Ground Squirrels with my new Marauder PCP pistol. If you are interested in the story, complete with video, please go here, http://varmintair.typepad.com/
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Excellent as always... ThanksIf Airforce was not tempting me with the new Talon P .25 Pistol coming in a few months I would jump on a PRod. I still don't see how they will get near the claimed 50 fpe with it but I am willing to listen. I just tested a 12" barrel on my Condor and I get about 35 fpe in 22.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

Very nice video and great shooting. Thanks for sharing.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:35 AM

Excellent as always... ThanksIf Airforce was not tempting me with the new Talon P .25 Pistol coming in a few months I would jump on a PRod. I still don't see how they will get near the claimed 50 fpe with it but I am willing to listen. I just tested a 12" barrel on my Condor and I get about 35 fpe in 22.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. That's some serious power from an air pistol that's for sure.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

Very nice video and great shooting. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

#6 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. That's some serious power from an air pistol that's for sure.

They developed a new valve (an upgrade over the hiflo) I was told that is still being tested. They achieved the 50 fpe with Eun Jin 43 gr pellets. I suspect Kodiaks/Cudas will be less but more than adequate or the no lead pellets. Shots per fill is a qestion I have. I think the new valve may also end up being used on the 9mm barrel they are coming out with.

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users