• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nje

nje

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:family, friends,hunting, archery and BBQ.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

caught this on thursday at don pedro. do not know how accurate the scale at the bait barn was but it read 13 lbs 1 ouncPosted Imagee.

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

Thats a nice fish! Congrats again.

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thats a Lunker ! Congrats!

#4 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

How about the "rest of the story." The how and what? Us people who can't fish want to know. That is a great catch. My biggest was a 11 .4 oz on topwater at Vail Lake when I was a guide out of San Diego. Murph.

#5 nje

nje

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:family, friends,hunting, archery and BBQ.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

i went with a friend of mine i haven't seen in awhile. i have only fished for bass a handfull of times and wanted to go out and get a few 1 to 1 1/2 pounders to add to a gumbo. i caught a few keepers and one that probably went around 5-6 lbs on rubber worms. at the time the 5 pounder was the largest bass i had ever caught and i was pretty excited. around 2:30 we went a fished this large cove with many small coves in it. my friend was in the front controling the trolling motor so i was working everything behind him. i noticed as we were moving along he skipped a very small cove and i thought to myself "why did he do that?". my first cast into this cove, i felt a couple taps and then a little resistance and then i set the hook. the fish swam towards me and at the time it felt like the average 12-14" fish we were catching and then it dove and thats when i relized this was a good fish. when it came to the surface i about @$%^ my pants. i was using 6lb test line so i was a little nervous so i took it very easy on this fish. it dove and surfaced a few times and after a few minutes(felt like 1/2 an hour) it tired out. i was using a watermelon with black flake senko. thats my 4 year old in the picture, she loves to fish and has a couple of her own on the wall.

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

That truly is a very nice fish, but the best part of that whole story/pic is that you include your daughter and she enjoys doing it. Congrats to you both as a fisherman and as a father. Nice job on both accounts.

#7 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

That fish swimming towards you is the sign of a large fish. They always seem to head for deep water when first hooked. You did a great job handling that size of fish on 6 pound test line. That also means your line and pole are a good match.Thanks for the what and how. Now you also have the pictures. Good man.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

Wow! Nice fish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users