8 replies to this topic

#1 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Finally got enough $ to order a new FX revolution from A.O.A. Got it mounted with a Leupold ultra light 3x9. Second time out at the dairy after only getting 14 pigeons and 1 squirrel, it jammed! I can't remove the magazine and it won't fire. I'm afraid there might be more than one pellet stuck in the barrel.So now it's back in the box waiting to start the long trip back to Arizona. I hope it returns soon and in good shape - I think I was actually making a dent in the pigeon population. :o

#2 Kesepton

Kesepton

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Kayaking, Backpacking, now Hunting.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Ouch! Howd that happen? Hope its a quick turn around.I just got my Marauder Thursday, first airgun for me. I cant wait to get it out and start shooting! I just been a little weary about breaking it.

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

I have the Mrod and it is a great gun. You will NOT break it. Clean the barrel real good and shoot a variety of pellets to see which one it likes to shoot. Then only shoot that one. There are thousands of people shooting that gun and most people love it. Have fun and enjoy the ride. Mine is a .22 caliber.Murph.

#4 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Finally got enough $ to order a new FX revolution from A.O.A. Got it mounted with a Leupold ultra light 3x9. Second time out at the dairy after only getting 14 pigeons and 1 squirrel, it jammed! I can't remove the magazine and it won't fire. I'm afraid there might be more than one pellet stuck in the barrel.So now it's back in the box waiting to start the long trip back to Arizona. I hope it returns soon and in good shape - I think I was actually making a dent in the pigeon population. :o

Ac-mood; I have that gun and at first I had the same problem. I used a long slim dowel and forced the pellets backward. I can only shoot the 14.3 Crosman Hollow Points. Available at Wally World for $6.97 for 500 pellets. I did have to send my Revolution back because it was shooting automatic. On a public range, not a good idea. Police frown on automatic anything.Good luck, Murph.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

I went to a single feed mag with the Marauder so I would double up again after doing it once. Easy to do.

#6 ssgmac

ssgmac

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

Thats what I dont like about the fx revo or maybe many air rifles that mag feed the ammo in line like that. I wonder if u removed the mag while still locked n loaded, then when u re mount the mag, it chambers another round? There's no extractor like on powder actuated rifles that must eject each casing before reloading. Since the bolt must travel through the mag, mag cant be removed without charging the bolt, whether its already locked n loaded or not.

I have a new habit of punching the barrel through using a 3/16"ø brass brazing rod with a .22 cal pellet soldered to the tip. I punch it all the way through, daylight to daylight, to be sure nothings chambered before loading it with a full mag. I do it before first lad, after its been out of use or out of sight for some time.

I was having a major problem losing that o-ring where the bolt punches through with the new round. Man! I was pissed off the first time it happened, at like, 1:45pm on a Saturday, just a couple weeks after I got it. By the time I called AOA, I had just missed them. So I left a meltdown message expressing my displeasure. They were very prompt with their return call, 2days later. They explained about the o-ring and put a couple dozen in the mail to me. By the time I got them, I had already lost 2 more of my own. Must have burned through about 5 more of theirs before I was able to identify and resolve the problem. Ill post about it once I go through the forums here to make sure im not stepping on anyone else's post on the subject.

#7 ducksoupe

ducksoupe

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, 3D Rendering on my computer , Writing stories, collecting vintage radios and Target practice and rodent control like rats

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

Whats with the laws. They are so vague where I live. They got the old don't shoot across a street rule. Of course no one wood. You must humanly get rid of rats that are overrunning our town. If these demons from hell get in your walls of your house you are screwed. I killed one in the back yard . Filthy looking creature. These are not the rats like in Vietnam you eat; these are sewer rats.My wife bought $40 in rat traps in-case they get in. I am joining a gun club to shoot my pellet gun. I even have a trigger lock on it. I have a rifle safe; but the humidity is not good for metal.I keep my pellet gun in my man-cave along with my radio's and fishing poles. I bet when the rats migrate my way the neighbors will go nuts. Downtown people are panicking and to a person have horror stories. The city  drops off for free a black box to trap the rats. I see rats in my woods they will make my life this summer coming miserable. I am 70 and work on my landscape and sit on the beginning of my woods and watch the animals who are use to me. I have large milk snakes who take care of a lot of mice. I have a ground hog who destroys one of my wifes plant'; but I fenced the plant in.I am waiting to join a gun club; but a member has to get you in. My cellar is large; but I would need a smaller scope or put on iron sites. People hunt deer; but they come in my woods and eat the holly plants at the end of the year and they come back stronger. My wife takes survival courses and Has trained with a bow. A survival site says regular firearms will be a huge gun grab during civil unrest and pellet guns are the way to go.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

I'm pretty sure that your city is going to tell you that it is illegal to discharge an airgun in your city and county.  I believe you live in Essex County?  They are awfully strict with some city codes back there.

#9 ducksoupe

ducksoupe

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, 3D Rendering on my computer , Writing stories, collecting vintage radios and Target practice and rodent control like rats

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

You are so correct, It gets worse every day. I have a trigger lock on my pellet rifle I keep in my man cave when I am home as it is damp down in my cellar where my treadlok safe is.I treat it as a firearm as it is powerful. I am going to join a gun club. There has been a gun grab across our country. Blink and your license is gone. Where I am The chief decides who gets a license. I let mine expire as They wanted $100 and you had to go through hoops.I have a pond across from my house which is stocked and I am 70 and don't have to pay for the license and since powerful pellet guns are sold over the counter at some sports stores and I use stores on-line I went that route. I stay at home most of the time and Design web pages and do 3D art rendering. I also write stories for my website. I did my companies until I retired. I am enjoying the life. So you are very right about Essex county. Most people are unarmed and their homes being invaded.My wife is scared if I am not home.She sleeps downstairs and has triple locks on front and back doors and I am in the best part of the city, the police do not let things happen in my area as a lot of police live or retire here. several houses down is a state troopers home and his state police car is usually in the driveway. My neighbors to the left and right are friendly.W are real quiet folks.My wife wants to move south; but I like my house we put so much into it we would lose money. I have enough room in the cellar for a range and when my wife retires might soundproof it. until then its $100n a year to belong to a rifle club. Thank you for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users