#1 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

I took my new shooting trailer out for a test run & she did pretty good.Posted ImageThis morning I switched barrels on my Rem 700 in 22-250 from my sporter barrel to my bull barrel.We set up the target at 100 yds.The first nine shots in the lower right corner were getting back on zero, after that I started at the top right corner & fired 3 shot groups at each corner of the 4 squares on the target with the last group in the bull.These are the loads I was testing for Ground Squirrels, I think they are gonna work just fine.Posted Image

#2 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

That will work just fine! You didn't miss much this weekend. Yesterday was OK but the squeeks but not as many as the norm due to cloud cover. Today was worse and ended in rain. We ended up leaving a day early.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

Very nice tight groupings.What kind of load are you using I don't own a 22-250 but I just have to ask.

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

Terrific ReportBy the looks of your preparation there is going to be a big pile of little diggers coming right up.That shooting trailer is a beauty.What part of the State are you going to attack?

#5 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

That will work just fine! You didn't miss much this weekend. Yesterday was OK but the squeeks but not as many as the norm due to cloud cover. Today was worse and ended in rain. We ended up leaving a day early.

Saturday I was kicking myself for not going, but Sunday I was smiling. Thats the way it goes this time of year, its even more unpredictable than winter.Hopefully Darin, you & your Dad got into the squeaks a bit & got to have a good time.

Very nice tight groupings.What kind of load are you using I don't own a 22-250 but I just have to ask.

This is a Wild Cat Load, completely un published & I think I Like it.Shoot me a PM if you want & I'll fill in the details.

Terrific ReportBy the looks of your preparation there is going to be a big pile of little diggers coming right up.That shooting trailer is a beauty.What part of the State are you going to attack?

Thanks Rob, I'll be hunting up North Here.Lee

#6 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Saturday I was kicking myself for not going, but Sunday I was smiling. Thats the way it goes this time of year, its even more unpredictable than winter.Hopefully Darin, you & your Dad got into the squeaks a bit & got to have a good time.Lee

We got into them but it wasn't anything like it can be. We shot only 250 rounds between the two of us. I'm not sure what my brother in law shot because he just keeps his ammo loose in an ammo can. Be glad you saved the gas money. We found a colony that was HUGE. Can't wait to go back on a sunny day. There's a road to the center of the pivot and you can shoot 360 degrees.Darin

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

The neighbors didn't complain? :smiley-funny-post-sign: Nice rig

#8 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

I really liked that trailer. Good shooting also!

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

What part of the State are you going to attack?

Sorry rob that is a super duper secret they won't tell you! :signs1242cn: :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#10 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

No secrets here, Its the North Part of the State :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I'll be going up around Cedarville here in the next few weeks if the weather will ever clear up.Lee

#11 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Been gone a few days and just now seeing this...Anyway, excellent shooting, Lee... The squirrels are definitely in trouble! Look forward to the pics.Frankp.s... I don't blame you at all for kicking the girlie barrel to the curb, when it's time for the "serious" shooting :drinks: :unsure:

#12 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

:1087: :drinks: Its not the size that matters anyways, its what you do with it.... :rolleyes: Lee

#13 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Yesterday was my best day ever for squeaks!

#14 PBM

PBM

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Cycle riding-got a Vstar 1100. My wife says I like to remodel our house.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Nice looking trailer Lee.

#15 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Nice trailer. By the looks of things when I went through Cedarville this morning, you should add a couple of umbrellas to that trailer. I saw two squeeks wearing rain gear right alongside the highway.

#16 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

Bps, I think i seen that trailer on a different forum lol :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#17 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

Some progress to report, Thursday I was able to get the jack stands welded on the 4 corners of the trailer.Today I was able to fix the seat adjustments, the bracket the seats are attached to was very very tight & required alot of effort to adjust the seats, so I took it apart & with a little finish grinding & a small amount of axle grease, the seats slide in & out with minimal effort.Next I started in on the table remodel, I'm going to shorten both tables 4", I got one table's cut down but it started to rain, so I had to pull the plug.Here are the jacks on the back of the trailer, I would have put them on the sides, but it was a tight fit between the tail lights & the fenders & it would have required me to run the jacks up 100% in order to swing them up in place.Posted ImageHere's one of the front jacks, also next to the jack is where I cut off some angle iron & then painted over with some rustoleum.Posted ImageHeres what I accomplished on the front table, I still need to recut the front brace to match the new location of the front rifle rest that is to be re welded on.Posted ImageAfter I get everything rewelded, I will cut down the plywood tables & cover them in the outdoor carpet I bought.Then I am either going to re-sheet the deck with 3/4" plywood or run 2X6 Deck Boards, whichever is cheaper, whichever way I go I'm going to seal & paint it with some non slip safety paint I happened to have.I'm leaning towards 2X6 deck boards, in case I ever want to use it for an ATV trailer.Lee

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Lee...It's looking real nice! :smiley_kewlpics:

#19 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Good job, Lee. Again your talent comes through!!

#20 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words guy's, All the credit for this master piece should go to Ryan "Hard Way" this was his baby, All I did was shorten it, so my stubby arms could reach the elevation crank. :pirashoot: No rain today,I finished cutting down the other table, cut the plywood table top & re cut the front brace.All I need now is to get it all re welded, my neighbor might be able to help me out on that, rather than having the mechanic at work do it, when & if he gets any spare time.The next project is re doing the deck, then work on a EZ up canopy type set up.I'm running out of time, at worst case I'll have her in prime condition for next season.I considered mounting the rifle rest up on top of the table like this, but decided against it. I didn't want to limit myself, If for some reason I wanted to shoot off a Bi Pod, then the front rest would be in the way.Posted ImageHere she is, ready to be put in place & tacked up, I'm 12 welds away from having it done.Posted ImageLee

#21 andy1621

andy1621

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Retired-Catching up on life (Hunting, Rv'ing, Friends, Family & an occasional BEER!)

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Rig's lookin' good, Lee. :pirashoot:

#22 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Nice improvements!! :signs1242cn:

#23 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Thanks guys, she should be ready here soon.I'll drag her up north to let some of you guys try her out.Lee

#24 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

looks good! It will be nice to be slightly elevated.

#25 Caneman

Caneman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

Oustanding!!! The license plate is perfect "squirrel hunter"!!!

#26 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Here she is all welded up.I'm hoping to get the tables painted so that they are sealed up tight & the carpet on this week.Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

great project!.

#28 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

One down, one to go...Outdoor carpet in a nice forrest green, with some 1/2" carpet padding under it to make it a little softer on the forearms & elbows while shooting.Posted ImagePosted ImageTaking a friends advice on some padding for the chest area, I put a double layer of carpet padding on the back edge of the table & folded the carpet over it to create a nice comfortable spot to lean your chest against while shooting.I had to use self tapping screws & washers here to attach it to the table frame.Posted ImagePosted ImageLee

#29 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Here she is all finished up.Posted ImageLee

#30 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

It sure is looking good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users