#1 TonyS

TonyS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

I own an older (1934) Ithaca side by side and was astounded at the price for Classic Doubles shells ($3 EACH). I am now pondering buying a reloading setup for shells but I haven't found a supplier for bismuth or tungten shot.Anyone know where to buy the stuff? When I try the online places (Midway/Natchez, etc) I get plenty of steel shot results but that will tear my barrels up.

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

Ask and ye shall receive...Ballistic ProductsThey also carry all the necessary tools to load classic shells (new hulls, roll crimpers, over shot wads etc...)

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

Wow at $20 a lb. for shot and maybe get 12 rounds out of it? That's pricey stuff. That $3 per round doesn't sound too bad if you factor in the equipment cost, powder, primer, hull, wad, and plus all your labor.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#4 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

By the time you buy the shot and the special wads you will need you won't save much money at all. But you can reload some loads that you can't buy.I bought some "B" Hevi-Shot from BPI to load up some lighter recoil coyote loads for kids and ladies to shoot. Just 1-1/8 oz of Hevi-Shot was $1.70 or more per shell and that is not counting the primer, wad, powder and hull.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#5 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

This is probably a stupid question but why the non lead shot?
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

This is probably a stupid question but why the non lead shot?

No lead restrictions in the Condor zone, some areas are even no lead for duck hunting...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#7 TonyS

TonyS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

BT is right on and thank you so much for the tip. I have some friends who made friends with some folks in the pistachio biz. They get swarmed every year by crows (out of season). They now have depredation permits. Crows happen to be tasty and very fun to shoot.But for nongame critters you can't use lead shot. Don't worry No. Cal is going to go this way soon (influential indians want to put condors in No. Cal.-won't that be great?)Oh, and in condor-ville you can't shoot ground squirrels or coyotes with lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users