#1 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

I broke down and purchased a FoxPro Scorpion caller. I've never used an electronic call. I chose FoxPro because they seem to be the leader in these types of calls. It should arrive in a few days.I chose the Scorpion based on price and features, but it's really a shot in the dark for me. I was wondering if anyone had used this model before, and how they like it.

#2 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

I bought a scorpion to replace an older model I had.It seems to work fine.Its not as loud as my old one,but I think thats ok.If you place so it's faced in the direction you expect the critters to be,,it'll get em. good luck

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Timmy if you care to get the SP55 speaker that plugs into it the volume will be much louder. However I hunted with a fellow, he had one, and I had my FX5, both units brought in Coyotes on the same day as we alternated calls. I think you will be fine. Good luck.

#4 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:17 AM

ihave used the minaska bandit for a few years. Same idea as the scorpion.I love it as its light and easy to carry.killed many coyotes with it

#5 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

It called in one yesterday in Lodi (vineyards). But I never had a clear shot. Seems loud enough. I've never used an electronic call. The kitten distress is my favorite. What the heck is a vole and why do they squeek???? :signs653wf:

#6 XR100

XR100

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Hand gun, smoke pole and rifle competition, varmint hunting, wood turning, electronics, cooking and baking, taking naps in the shade.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

What the heck is a vole and why do they squeek???? :roflmao3[1]:

If you're hunting voles you'd better be quick and accurate. These field mice are incredibly small and they move very fast. Not at all as easy to hit as a ground squirrel. Why they squeek may be because, as small as they are, there isn't much room inside to stretch out long vocal cords. :signs653wf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users