#1 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

All you central CA air gunners come on out Sunday May 1st for a Fun Airgun Shoot at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center Silhouette Range located near Ione. There will be steel targets up at 50, 68, 86 and 110 yards. We plan to have a couple of fun competitions with prizes, a few targets set up for an introduction to field target shooting and an open range if you just want to sight in your rifle or plink all day. Start time will be 9:00am till the last pellet drops. All ages welcome, eye and ear protection required. Come on out and have a fun day with us. Come straight up to the silhouette range to sign up. Look forward to seeing you all there. Fee for the use of the range, targets and prizes is $12 per person. Range info and directions -http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html Jim in Sacramento

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Sounds good to me.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 Gapmaster

Gapmaster

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like alot of fun :)
" When you have to shoot, "shoot", don't talk " [Tuco-The good, The bad and The Ugly]

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am going to try and make this. Don't have my pellet gun dialed in yet but should be fun. Kid has a new one in the mail for his birth day. May have to give it to him early so he can sight it in too.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#5 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

I will get my tanks filled and order pellets, and we will be down.

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

Will there be a place for young shooter's = a day before he turns 10, to be able to shoot and have fun? I know I would have fun at this. I would also like to meet some of you guys in person. But am asking because I am going to do this for the kid more than my self. I don't want to take him to a place where he will not be able to shoot. He will be supervised by me at all times while shooting. But 50 yards is to far for a kid with a new rifle which is a little under powered for 50 yards in my opinion. I would like to just let him burn up a bunch of pellets off of a bench rest from 10 yards on out to how ever far he can shoot accurately. I do not want to take him some place that he will not be able to have fun and be welcomed as a new shooter. I know we could both learn a lot from you guys that have been shooting at these events for a long time, but just feel that the yardage's listed might be a little out of both of our shooting ability's with air rifles at this time. Just a honest question and am looking for an honest answer?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#7 Anchor Man

Anchor Man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

I like the Dillman outdoor range in Lincoln. I took my grandson there and its only $10 for the shooter. You cannot shoot along with him. You must supervise him at all time he is at the range. They have a nice web site with all the particulars. Teach him good and enjoy.

#8 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Will there be a place for young shooter's = a day before he turns 10, to be able to shoot and have fun? I know I would have fun at this. I would also like to meet some of you guys in person. But am asking because I am going to do this for the kid more than my self. I don't want to take him to a place where he will not be able to shoot. He will be supervised by me at all times while shooting. But 50 yards is to far for a kid with a new rifle which is a little under powered for 50 yards in my opinion. I would like to just let him burn up a bunch of pellets off of a bench rest from 10 yards on out to how ever far he can shoot accurately. I do not want to take him some place that he will not be able to have fun and be welcomed as a new shooter. I know we could both learn a lot from you guys that have been shooting at these events for a long time, but just feel that the yardage's listed might be a little out of both of our shooting ability's with air rifles at this time. Just a honest question and am looking for an honest answer?

I'm not sure what the ranges policy is on children, maybe call them and ask. They have silhouette targets as well as paper targets at varying ranges. I forget what the ranges are but I believe the closest ones are at 30 yards and the farther ones are at 100+. You can also bring your own targets and set them closer. It's a great range, we have gone to several of these fun shoots and always have a great time.

#9 saci

saci

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

Lavoy and myself shall attend!!!

#10 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

Will there be a place for young shooter's = a day before he turns 10, to be able to shoot and have fun? I know I would have fun at this....................... Just a honest question and am looking for an honest answer?

The answer is yes. There is always room for polite, safe, young shooters. If your son can safely handle his rifle he is welcome. We control the range so you can set up targets as close as 10 yards if you would like. We expect you will supervise your children while they are shooting. Bring him out, you will both have a great time. One suggestion, the benches available at the range are tall with short seats, if you have a small table and chair that your son would be comfortable shooting from bring it along as it will insure he has a fun day.See you thereJim in Sacramento

#11 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Lavoy and myself shall attend!!!

We couldn't call it a fun shoot without you two there :roflmao3[1]: Jim in Sacramento

#12 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

Sunday's weather looks like it is going to be one beautiful and warm day so come out and join us. A final reminder for all you central CA air gunners to come out this Sunday May 1st for a Fun Airgun Shoot at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center Silhouette Range located near Ione, CA. There will be steel targets up at 50, 68, 86 and 110 yards. We plan to have a couple of fun competitions with prizes, a few targets set up for an introduction to field target shooting and an open range if you just want to sight in your rifle or just plink all day. Bring your own targets to shoot or shoot ours at ranges from 10 to 150 yds. The fun competitions will include a 100 yard challenge and a 40-50 yd accuracy test. There will be at least Springer and PCP classes. Start time will be 9:00am till the last pellet drops. All ages welcome, eye and ear protection required. Come on out and have a fun day with us. We will provide beverages, if you want to bring some snacks to share that would be great Come straight up to the silhouette range to sign up. Look forward to seeing you all there. Fee for the use of the range, targets and prizes is $12 per person. Range info and directions http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html Hope to see you there!Jim in Sacramento

#13 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

Not going to be able to make this one after all. Something came up. I really wanted to go too!

#14 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Once again the Airgun Fun Shoot at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center was an airgun blast. Thanks to all who helped make it possible.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#15 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yup, very good time, well worth the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users