#1 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Well I bought the Newer FX Whisper with the longer tube and nano gauge. $809 ShippedAdded a cheap scope (proven to work good so I used it) and wanted to see how it shot. On these High Clip/Magazine Airguns you must use the high scope rings/mounts. Filled the clip and noticed that inserting it was a bit tight. So after looking really close I noticed burrs left on the reciever where the clip goes in. I took a sharp knife and carefuuly burred the corners. After that, the clip inserted properly and wastn't scratching the plastic clip cover. The first few actions where a little rough but lossened nicely after 20 rounds or so. The stock and gun are a work of art. The shroud works excellent. Butt pad works great. Overall finish looks excellent. I shot 24 rounds and it had 100 bar left. So for me I'd fill it after two clips. Not sure as I haven't ran it through the chrony. So I might be able to get more full power shots. The two stage trigger is perfect. Very nice! I put a 1 x 8 up and shot a round at it as it was so quite it's hard to believe it's putting out that much juice. Right through and deep into the clay. So it's hitting pretty hard. Perfect for small game. I put up targets, mind you only ten yards, and my wife could hit dead center every time. Using JSB match Diabolo Jumbo. These pellets looked JUST OK. They shot very good at ten yards though. The gun is strudy but light. AT 6.5 pounds and a 10/12 oz scope and you have a all day gun that looks to be a small game slayer! Down points - No safety once it's cocked and ready to fire. Something I was surprised about. It's an ease thing to do, maybe in the future. One other thing is that I don't like the probes and love the fosters. Also the area where you fill stays open to the enviroment. It doesn't close off so I will make a plug for it to keep dirt out.Overall the airgun is awesome and would buy another!!!Bone
If you kill it eat it!

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Bone. Congrats on the new FX. I have the FX Revolution and I found the hard way that my gun will only shoot the 14.3 pellets with accuracy. I tried everything to shoot the 18.1 grains but my target looked like a shotgun pattern. I thought my FX was screwed up and wanted to sent it in for repair. Then I was told by experts to try the Crosman Hollow Point at 14.3 and guess what. Yep, shoots great. I then tried other heavy pellets with out success. Wally World has these pellets for $6.97 for 500 pellets. Almost free. Example: 25 yds, 5 shots covered by a dime. That, my friend, is a major difference. Have fun with your new gun, One more thing... I like the probe type filler because it will not blow off like the Fosters will when not completely attachés. I had it happen and when it comes off, it will hurt you. I can attest to that. Now, I hold a large towel over the fittings J.I.C. (just in case). I am handicap and I have to be very carefully with everything I do.

#3 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the information. I'll try several different pellets to make sure which works best. This can of 500 JSB Jumbo's are not that good. The skirts are bent to poop on a lot of them. I just pull the bent ones out and throw away. That FX Revolution is on my list for my next airgun. I have 11 guitars and been thinking I may have to give a couple up to buy my next airgun! LOL My wife is a airgun widow! I'll have to watch those foster fittings. I never had one do that but I could see how it could. I'll be triple checking now!Bone
If you kill it eat it!

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

On the 'fosters', just connect up female fitting and give it a tug before filling with air...

#5 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

I was filling my Whisper with the probe and forgot that I have a foster connecting the probe anyway. Good advice on making sure the foster fittings are secure.
If you kill it eat it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users