15 replies to this topic

#1 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Does anybody here have a California street legal UTV here? I am asking because I would like to get my Kawasaki Mule street legal so I don't have to tow my Jeep to B2 from San Diego behind my R.V.. I went to one of those registration places and the lady there says that she can do it because it was last registered in AZ as street legal, I think she is pissing down my back & tellin me it's raining but I will let her have a try at it.

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Interesting??
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 DAVEF

DAVEF

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ATV'S, Exploring, Camping, Fishing, Hunting

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

I say try it and see what happens..........CA is a funny place , I would expect you will run into some cop that does not care if you have a plate or not and give you a hard time.If and when you did get stoped, I would just play dumb...........playing dumb is one o the things I do best.DAVEF

#4 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

Yea, I'm pretty good at it also. If I have D.O.T. tires, windsheild, blinkers, mirrors, & a LICENCE PLATE (I have all of it but the licence plate) I don't think I will have too much of a problem. If a cop gives me a ticket I WILL fight it, not my problem - they can go talk to the D.M.V.

#5 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

was talking to my friend about this & he kinda knows the lady down at the registration place, he says that her sister works at the D.M.V.

#6 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

As long as the vehicle meets all the safety requirements it can be registered for the road. Some of the safety equipment is windshield, stop and signal lights, license plate light, headlights and I think wipers. I don't have my CVC book here with me so I'm not sure about the wipers. I've seen a few running around with plates and nobody messes with them.
Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are, and I am a genius. Why you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten.

#7 Nalgi

Nalgi

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

I know that for the Ranger they have a street legal kit they may have one for your rig too

#8 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

wondering if they will make me smog it?

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,955 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

They might if you bought it in AZ. Because California small engines are smog compliant and your's might not be.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Does it have seat belts? If its 4 wheels I believe you need seat belts but I could be wrong. Good luck with registering your vehicle.

#11 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Where the heck is a picture of this bad boy? If we are going to be carrying on such a lengthy discussion, we need pictures!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#12 edgreeson65

edgreeson65

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:15 AM

It's my wifes ride at the desert, I mean my new hunting vehicle. I will try to put up some pics soon-it's nothing special but it beats the hell out of towing my jeep 700+ miles one way.

#13 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

This is what ive been told by BLM ranger,there were some ATVs that got Ca.lic plates and they were not legal,the BLM have been told to remove all CA. plate (Take them right there)now let me tell you how this came to be,I have a rhino that is street legal Az. plate and was on a street legal only dirt road near Silverwood lake and was pulled over,He could not take my AZ. plate but told me if he catches me again on this road being i have a CA. drivers lic that he would inpound my rhino,I still have my Ca off road green sticker and told him i have a house in Az where i have to be street legal to enter the lauch ramp area in Az,he told me stay on atv legal roads in Ca and have a nice day dont let me catch u again.

#14 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

a good buddy of mine has a tyrex with a cali small plate on it and he hasnt been harassed by rangers on street legal roads with it yet .i belive the small plate is a restricted plate keeping you off high speed roads ie freeway and highway .and a friend of mine bought some 150 cc go cart type thing and he has a plate on it and drives it around town .you might have to do some looking into regs and what not but get your ducks in row before you go to the dmv and stand your ground and hopefully you will get your way . good luck

#15 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

I use duck tape as a seat belt for my quad! That stuff can hold a airplane together :good: :1087:
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#16 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

Put a farm implement triangle on it and call it good.
It's not about how many, it's about how.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog or gun

Maintain a balance of nature, use a beautiful gun when shooting a beautiful bird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users