• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

Yes I am in Calif... No I did not move.... Im in Elk Grove off 99 Yes I am still doing taxidermy although I am slower than back when I had my big shop because I have very little space right now.. Hopefully that will change in the next few months or so.. My soon to be ex has been telling everyone I moved out of state or that I quit doing taxidermy - story changes depending on his mood I guess Fact is- I did not move out of state, and I am still working.... I will say that I am no longer taking in bear rugs.. Just too long of a wait period (Seriously I have 4 out that I am STILL waiting to get back..which is very frustrating for me and my clients..) and because I really dont have the room right now to deal with rugs... Hoping in the near future to have a larger shop but we shall see...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Good to hear from ya! :smiley_green_with_envy: Glad things are going well!

#3 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

I coulda swore you moved to Idaho someplace...Maybe I read a post wrong somewhere along the line.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

I coulda swore you moved to Idaho someplace...Maybe I read a post wrong somewhere along the line.

THAT was the plan... But my ex is dragging the divorce out and so Im just hanging out...waiting. Looks like I'll be staying here for now... we shall see..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hope everything works out for you. It must be a really difficult process.

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

well.... politely put its a PITA to be honest ....

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hang in there and good luck.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#8 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

Hopefully a bigger shop will do you wonders :smiley-outta-here:

#9 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hopefully a bigger shop will do you wonders :hellohello9il:

Ya you aint kidding there LOL Went from 1500 sq ft and at the time had a new shop planned out to give me more room... to 230 sq ft.... Wee bit tight quarters LOL But hey least I have a place to work... I get creative with space for sure..

#10 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

Well, on the bright side, this state didn't lose its best taxidermist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users