9 replies to this topic

#1 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

I just picked up a 1975 CJ-5...It needs a little work but started and ran alright will need a tune up...its been in a garage for the past 11 yearsPosted ImagePosted ImageThis should keep me busy for a while..

#2 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Sweet! They are a blast!

#3 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

You'll have a lot of fun with that! I had a 1978 Jeep CJ-5 and we had a blast with it. What size engine does your Jeep have in it? Mine had the V-8, 3 spd, which is one of the reasons I sold it. (Rotten gas mileage). Have Fun!!

#4 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

It's got a 258 straight six and a four speed...well really a 3 speed with a granny gear...has a rack for 2 jerry cans and gear...2 tops..winch...tow bar..i'm really happy with it..

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Nice project! Congrats

#6 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

Posted ImageNew Weber Carb..2 bbl...runs great!

#7 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'm on my 4th CJ/TJ jeep. I started with a '76 CJ5 like yours also-with the 258 six, 4 speed tranny. It lasted till I needed something larger and moved to an '82 CJ7, same engine with an automatic. You'll love those old CJ's. There's still tons of accessories for them on the market. I doubt they'll ever go away. Take care of her-she'll take care of you. :)

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

I had a 1969 CJ5, 283, 4-speed and 5.38 gears wasn't too fast but would climb a tree. I liked it a lot but went a little bigger with a 1970 Ford Bronco.

#9 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

What does something like that cost these days, I had my 78 dodge engine,trans rebuilt so i don't want to get rid of it, but i have a 94 gmc with a diesel, been thinking about selling it to get a jeep, pre smog though. I just haven't looked, too busy with work

#10 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Cool Jeep! I've spent a minute or two around them. Just got back the one I learned to drive in, grandpa's '53 M38A1 (military CJ-5).Robert, sell the 94. I have a '71 CJ-6 ( 6 not a typo) for sale since I got the '53.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users