9 replies to this topic

#1 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

I just picked up a 1975 CJ-5...It needs a little work but started and ran alright will need a tune up...its been in a garage for the past 11 yearsPosted ImagePosted ImageThis should keep me busy for a while..
Force Shittes on the Back of Reason-B Franklin

#2 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Sweet! They are a blast!
Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are, and I am a genius. Why you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten.

#3 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

You'll have a lot of fun with that! I had a 1978 Jeep CJ-5 and we had a blast with it. What size engine does your Jeep have in it? Mine had the V-8, 3 spd, which is one of the reasons I sold it. (Rotten gas mileage). Have Fun!!
"Life's tough-It's even tougher if your stupid"--John Wayne

#4 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

It's got a 258 straight six and a four speed...well really a 3 speed with a granny gear...has a rack for 2 jerry cans and gear...2 tops..winch...tow bar..i'm really happy with it..

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Nice project! Congrats

#6 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

Posted ImageNew Weber Carb..2 bbl...runs great!

#7 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'm on my 4th CJ/TJ jeep. I started with a '76 CJ5 like yours also-with the 258 six, 4 speed tranny. It lasted till I needed something larger and moved to an '82 CJ7, same engine with an automatic. You'll love those old CJ's. There's still tons of accessories for them on the market. I doubt they'll ever go away. Take care of her-she'll take care of you. :)
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

I had a 1969 CJ5, 283, 4-speed and 5.38 gears wasn't too fast but would climb a tree. I liked it a lot but went a little bigger with a 1970 Ford Bronco.

#9 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

What does something like that cost these days, I had my 78 dodge engine,trans rebuilt so i don't want to get rid of it, but i have a 94 gmc with a diesel, been thinking about selling it to get a jeep, pre smog though. I just haven't looked, too busy with work
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#10 Single Six

Single Six

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors - Shooting, hunting, wildlife, vehicles.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Cool Jeep! I've spent a minute or two around them. Just got back the one I learned to drive in, grandpa's '53 M38A1 (military CJ-5).Robert, sell the 94. I have a '71 CJ-6 ( 6 not a typo) for sale since I got the '53.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users