6 replies to this topic

#1 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

This is my Rapid Engagement Adanved Predator Rifle [R.E.A.P.R] It consists of a C3 Defense lower receiver with a DPMS parts kit and a standard A2 butt stock. The upper is a 20" Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit upper. I chose this one over the varmint upper because of the national match barrel. its a pound lighter than the varmint. It has enough weight to be rock steady yet light enough to not be a heavy rifle. its no where near as heavy as my Howa 1500 heavy varmint rig. I haven't had the chance to get out and sling some lead with it yet with gas being 4 dollars a gallon.I took the Wotac 4-14x50 off my 223 bolt gun until I have the funds to buy another scope. "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine...."Attached File  1.jpg   12.83KB   20 downloads
http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64check out my piece of the webHowa 1500, short action, 24" #6 contour heavy varmint barrel, Bell & Carlson MkII medalist, 4-16x50mm optics.

#2 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Nice set up, let us know how it shots

#3 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Nice!
Ne Desit Virtus

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Ummmmmmmmm niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. All good components. I have no doubts that it will be a tack driving fool. Best of luck with it. :)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

very nice for sure,
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#6 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

very nice. I wish I had thought of that when I built mine. I have a similar upper from Bushmaster, but it is quite heavy.

#7 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

Well I finally got to put some rounds through my new AR. To say this thing shoots is an under statement. I currently load the 50 grain vmax over 26 grains of N133. When fed through my new AR I was getting honest half to three quarter minute 5 shot groups. Just to see what would happen, I loaded up 4 10 round magazines and took 40 well aimed shots. time between shots was enough time to take a controlled relaxed breath. I tried to break every shot on the natural respiratory pause. I put 40 shots in a ragged hole that was about 2 inches. The usual shooter induced fliers were present, and I jerked the trigger a time or two. Replacing the stock DPMS trigger will help a lot. The critters better be very afraid. On a side note, I can't wait to try some heavier bullets just for fun. I have my eye on the 77 grain Nosler custom competition over 24.5 grains of TAC or N540.Anyway you cut it, this is going to be a fun project.
http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64check out my piece of the webHowa 1500, short action, 24" #6 contour heavy varmint barrel, Bell & Carlson MkII medalist, 4-16x50mm optics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users