6 replies to this topic

#1 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

This is my Rapid Engagement Adanved Predator Rifle [R.E.A.P.R] It consists of a C3 Defense lower receiver with a DPMS parts kit and a standard A2 butt stock. The upper is a 20" Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit upper. I chose this one over the varmint upper because of the national match barrel. its a pound lighter than the varmint. It has enough weight to be rock steady yet light enough to not be a heavy rifle. its no where near as heavy as my Howa 1500 heavy varmint rig. I haven't had the chance to get out and sling some lead with it yet with gas being 4 dollars a gallon.I took the Wotac 4-14x50 off my 223 bolt gun until I have the funds to buy another scope. "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine...."Attached File  1.jpg   12.83KB   20 downloads

#2 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Nice set up, let us know how it shots

#3 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Nice!

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Ummmmmmmmm niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. All good components. I have no doubts that it will be a tack driving fool. Best of luck with it. :)

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

very nice for sure,

#6 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

very nice. I wish I had thought of that when I built mine. I have a similar upper from Bushmaster, but it is quite heavy.

#7 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

Well I finally got to put some rounds through my new AR. To say this thing shoots is an under statement. I currently load the 50 grain vmax over 26 grains of N133. When fed through my new AR I was getting honest half to three quarter minute 5 shot groups. Just to see what would happen, I loaded up 4 10 round magazines and took 40 well aimed shots. time between shots was enough time to take a controlled relaxed breath. I tried to break every shot on the natural respiratory pause. I put 40 shots in a ragged hole that was about 2 inches. The usual shooter induced fliers were present, and I jerked the trigger a time or two. Replacing the stock DPMS trigger will help a lot. The critters better be very afraid. On a side note, I can't wait to try some heavier bullets just for fun. I have my eye on the 77 grain Nosler custom competition over 24.5 grains of TAC or N540.Anyway you cut it, this is going to be a fun project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users