5 replies to this topic

#1 HotLoadsKenny

HotLoadsKenny

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Just went prairre dog "Hunting" last week end in AZ!It was too cold and windy for the little fellows to be really running, but some brave souls came up for the shooting.I was trying out the new Hawke Binos my wife bought me for my birhtday and they are grest.The only problem is, when you let them down and look out to see where to shoot you can NOT believe how far you were looking!They are so clear I did not get any eye fatigue while using them for hours.I did have the record shot for the weekend @ 350 yards down hill with a 10 mph cross wind.We had taken a couple of long distance shots to dope the wind and when the dog popped up I had great confidence in the shot placement.Down to the dsecond line in the SR6 reticle and held off to the wind on the 10 mph dot!Bang, headless Sage Rat @ 350!I can't say enough about the Hawke BINOS AND THE SCOPE.

#2 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

very nice, Can't wait to get a scope

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

That was a great shot Ken, that's for sure. Glad to hear that you are happy with your Hawke optics. Those Hawke Frontier ED binos are killer. I will put them side-by-side against binos costing three or four times as much. The value is there and it's obvious when you look through them.

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hello Red;Pardon me for stacking on Rude Robert's posting...BUT I just got my Hawke binos...they arrived EXACTLY when you said they would.I can't wait to field test them (the neighbors look real good right now).These babies are going to Alteras and then onto a huge digger funeral.Sure wish you would run the government over the weekend...we all would get something done with your management skills.Many thanks for a great product line and superior customer support. :doh[1]:

#5 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

OK Red...the Hawke Binos were the perfect addition for my varmint hunting this year....really nice visuals.I used them 4 or 5 hours per day for the last 6 days.... and I did not get tired eyes after glassing for this long...terrific. The clarity was very impressive. I was able to see more varmints hiding than I thought possible. WOW... :pirashoot:

#6 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

Okay Guys...I didn't marry Red's daughter...but I did get my second Hawke Varmint scope yesterday for a birthday present.....The Theory:I want to eliminate sight picture differences while stacking up varmints.I switch between the 22-250 Remington and a 6mm Remington often while in the field.Barrel cooling, longer shots all combine to make it intelligent to have the same "vision" while in the field.I have strong confidence that standardization is part of the experience for me.I can afford to do this with Hawke Varmint scopes....the high end $1,0000 plus guys are out of my league.My shooting is in the "ranch" catagory...100-400 yards. Past that I get in my Honda Element and close the distance. Gas is cheaper than the big bucks glass...but don't get me wrong. If someone wants to donate a Nightforce, I mount it! :smiley-outta-here: Cheers to a cool affordable scope company. Thanks Red.Tejon here I come Febuary 1st!Lock N' Load

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users