12 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi my friend has one of these scopes and I was looking through it. Not sure if I like it though, it seems like the reticle moves and I don't notice mine in my Leupold 3x9x50. I played with the knobs but I just not too sure about it. I didn't want to say anything to hurt his feelings and the glass at times seems kind of clear, but not clear in the whole thing. I had to move my head a bit to get some clarity. I tried to adjust the eyepiece but I wasn't too impressed. Now, I know my vision isn't that good anymore but, I have a cheap bushnell scope that someone gave me and I don't see much difference. Now i can sure can see further with it though that is for sure. He left here on his rifle so i can play with it, so can u guys tell me what i am doing wrong lol. I know it has to be a good scope but????

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

If the reticle is moving, the scope isn't focused for your eyes. And that may have something to do with the clarity too. By the way, is the glass clean?

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

I did check them but maybe i should recheck it. We put it on his scope, had a finger print on it and wiped it clean. I thought lol

#4 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

It seems like on with the it 8.5 it is pretty clear but when I zoom in, it looses clarity. Is that normal? My other Leupold doesn't do that. I don't want to tell him I think something is wrong when it isn't. I haven't had anything in "good quality" with that kind of range. My cheap scope doesn't loose focus like this does. Neither does may Leupold but it is only 3x9

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Well, if there really is a problem, he should send it to leupold. I do believe they have a lifetime guarantee.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

LOL i hope that is doesn't he just bought it today. Yikes, I don't want to tell him that.

#7 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

If it has an adj OB lens that could be the problem. Also it is not focused for your eyes. Had this happen to me with other brands also. Nothing wrong with the scope just the shooter.

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Just got back for church so, i will be playing with it. I didn't sleep for two days, although it was sunny outside. I was in the kitchen looking out the window at an angle lol. I was in bed thinking, what was I thinking?? So now i will be going outside to try it lol

#9 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

If it has an adj OB lens that could be the problem. Also it is not focused for your eyes. Had this happen to me with other brands also. Nothing wrong with the scope just the shooter.

I agree with DH on this. If it has one, sounds like the Adj. Objective needs to be set.

#10 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Never do things when your really tired. All is well with the scope. I took out side and tried not to make the public nervous. The scope works like it should and all is clear. I could only bore site it to 175yrds without the police being called out hehehe. The instructions to have a 200 yrd zero, but i couldn't do that without people starting to freak out. I want to take his scope an put it on my ar15 lol. I like playing with all the knobs, I am thinking of buying a weaver top mount for my are and use his rings so I can play with it. I see a weaver mount for 22$ but his rings are for 44mm scope and he has a 50 mm. The way he has it set up it still fits, but I thinking will his weaver tactical mounts work with a weaver mount on my Ar? I have the standard hand rail system, so the mount I am interested in trying, i am not too sure if it sits high enough to clear the had rail. He said I can play with it, so I know what can expect if i ever get one. I have a the normal front site too. So, I image i will need something high enough for that. I my cheap scope on the carry handle now, but i can remover that in a second. I did put the scope on the handrail too, but I am curious to see if it makes much of a difference in accuracy. I hear pros and cons to it. I want to play with this scope badly lol

#11 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

Sounds like you have a flat top AR and you mount your scope on the removable carry handle? If so, I am curious why you would do that. That puts your optics way high.

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

I like to be able to use the iron sites as well. What I want though, is to find a mount so i can mount the scope on to it, so i can quickly put the carry handle on, as well. I need to go to work, i managed to pick up some extra work so i need to go thx robert

#13 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:37 AM

:good: my friend is coming over this weekend to take his scope :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users