7 replies to this topic

#1 sasquatch200269

sasquatch200269

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey guys im a new member to the forum, and really enjoy taking you on my hunt. Two weeks ago my friend Henry and I went to this great farm that he has permission to hunt on, the first time we went out to the farm there was so many squirrels out there we did not know which one to shoot at, i swear i went threw half of a 500 tin of JSB, it was infested, this last time we went this would be my 3rd his 4th time. we did not see as many, turns out we have done a lot of control on these pest, we really had to work on the binoculars to find and squirrels and not only that, they where quick to get back in there holes. they did not give much time to put the cross hairs and any sudden movements would put them in the holes.but we still managed to get a couple on video. i hope you enjoy the short clip, you can also check out my hunt before we got 25 squirrels on that hunt and you can see the damage the squirrels inflict. Henry was on the RWS 54 whacking them out to 65 yards, i was on the Gladi8or knocking them out at 75 yards.

Posted ImageThis guy managed to role down his deep hole hes in there you can see him in the pic, but you can see all the blood that squirted out of him.Posted ImageHead shots work really well they usually fall next to their holes but not ever time. Posted ImageThis guy got a JSB right threw the light switch. he didnt move much Posted ImageThis is what we ended up withPosted ImagePosted Image

Check out the videos hope you guys enjoy them.Video Squirrel HuntThis is your second huntHunt #2

#2 sasquatch200269

sasquatch200269

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

i forgot to mention that Cliff's video is what inspired me to hunt with airguns i used to only hunt with powder burners, but it is so much more fun to hun with pellet guns.

#3 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

sasquatchyou got some nice shots on them squirrels.what camera are you using to get the videos, looks like gun mounted with a great zoom lens?thanks, screwwork

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

Great videos and nice shooting. Looks like you guys had a good time.

#5 sasquatch200269

sasquatch200269

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

sasquatchyou got some nice shots on them squirrels.what camera are you using to get the videos, looks like gun mounted with a great zoom lens?thanks, screwwork

Thank you screwwork, the camera is a JVC ms120, it has a dynamic zoom of 40x which gets in really close, i might be selling it soon lol, message me if you have any interest

#6 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

sasquatchat first I said to my self noway, a what JVC ms120... I have a Sony TRV22 digital camera pulled it and what the heck I had never thought about it for hunting camera.. OMG way too cool..My Sony is just a little larger than the JVC but is all good. Thanks, screwwork. PS, hopfully you just didn't turn me in to video killing machine.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

Just be sure your video cameras have no infrared imaging capabilities or you run the risk of breaking the law.

#8 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Bravo! Good job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users