• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jay61cal

Jay61cal

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors person who loves to fish and wanting to get back into hunting...

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

I'm getting mixed info on this handgun..some say its worth about $200 and some say maybe $75...I checked online and got the same info...its a High Standard Sentinal Deluxe R-106 4" barrel .22lr 9-shot...it was made in 1965 i believe and i think its a pretty cool looking gun and would like to add it to my collection..he's asking $150Attached File  th_100_4536.jpg   4.51KB   15 downloadsAttached File  th_100_4537.jpg   4.34KB   15 downloadsAttached File  th_100_4535.jpg   3.7KB   15 downloads

Attached Files

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

This is copied from the Blue Book to give you some idea.Sentinel Deluxe Blue finish Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60% $225 $200 $175 $115 $95 $85 $75

#3 Jay61cal

Jay61cal

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors person who loves to fish and wanting to get back into hunting...

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

Yeah I seen the same book...i also seen the same gun sale for $249 on a online auction..that's why I'm confused..I guess it's just worth more to each individual..personal preference maybe?

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, you've done your research and seen what the book say's and have seen what they sell for at an auction site. If you want it for less than $150 start dickering.

#5 dirtgimp

dirtgimp

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

nice pistol, my dad had one just like that.he had a holster built into the top of his boot and kept the pistol loaded with snake shot during the summer months.

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

If it works and fires, how can anyone get hurt (pricewise) on a $150 gun, especially a .22 revolver? Stay out of the bar 2 nights (one good night for me!) and it's paid for.

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

You get your guy down to $100, I'll buy it from you for $150. :unsure:

#8 Jay61cal

Jay61cal

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Bisley...that's exactly what I was thinkin so I just bought it

#9 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

If you haven't shot it yet be sure to wear eye protection. All the corrosion or lead deposits visible in the photographs might indicate that the weapon is out of time. That is when the cylinder does not perfectly index in alignment with the barrel when the weapon is fired. This can cause lead to be shaved off of each projectile as it enters the barrel from the cylinder. Cause could be that the cylinder is not locking up correctly or the crane (the piece that attaches the cylinder to the gun) is bent.You can check the timing by sliding a .22 diameter rod down the barrel with the unloaded cylinder closed and the gun cocked. Check all 9 chambers. If the rod hangs up on the edge of any of the cylinder chambers you have a problem that needs to be resolved by a good gunsmith. Also, weak spring, worn parts and dirt can all affect cylinder lock up and timing. To check lock up make sure the gun is empty and cock the weapon then try to move the cylinder. If it moves at all the timing is suspect. If you hear an audible "click" when you do this the gun is not locking up. If it does lock up but still moves, suspect worn parts.

#10 Jay61cal

Jay61cal

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Great timing truckeedan..lol wish I woulda known all that good stuff before I purchased the gun..I'm gonna definitely do everything you suggested and go from there..he said it fired just fine 15 years ago..lol..if I have to invest too much more in this handgun I'm prob just gonna let it collect dust for a while (after I get tired of the lead shavings in my face)

#11 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

If it does have timing issues, it's a simple fairly cheap fix. Had it done to a few myself. Even if it costs you $50-$100 to get it timed, it's still half the price of any new .22 revolver. Hope it shoots well for you. Should be a ton of fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users