11 replies to this topic

#1 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

Here are some of my knives. I ground these out of ATS34 Stainless bar stock. The one shown with the sheath is handled with black Micarta with nickel silver fittings.Attached File  Knife_1_a.jpg   67.81KB   43 downloadsAttached File  Knife_2_a.jpg   59.89KB   33 downloadsAttached File  Knife_3_a.jpg   59.31KB   33 downloads

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Now those are really sweet. I can't even imagine doing one from scratch. Nice work.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

very nice work how did you do that?most take patience.

#4 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

Wow! That is super nice work. The lines of those blades fit my fancy!Do you ever sell any of them or do custom sheath work? I have a knife that needs a new sheath and that one you have pictured is quite a looker!!
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the input, Guys. I haven't made a knife for several years and would have to buy some replacement equipment to hollow grind the blades. I only have a couple of blades ground and heat treated and since I have moved I am not sure where they are. Same with the leather, and I would almost have to have the knife on hand to make a sheath to fit. My wife did the flower on this sheath. Most of mine were basket stamped.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Great work. Buck should hire you.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Wow those are great looking.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#8 killerdan

killerdan

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:I love to fish and hunt, I am going to make it my goal to get back into hunting this year.

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

That is some fine ART, you have a skill and do you sell any of the ones you make?

#9 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

Your wife did an amazing job there! Not to diminish your talent at all - you two just make a great team. Hypothetically, if I sent you a knife or dropped one off, would you be willing to make a sheath for it and for what price range?Happy hunting!
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#10 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Killer, Thanks. As I posted earlier, I haven't made a knife for some time. I made a few before I started numbering them. The last number I used was #093. Not all were numbered though. I made a number of those like the picture to give to friend's wives or daughters. This is my wife's purse knife. Desert Ironwood handles with brass fittings.Attached File  1.jpg   33.7KB   14 downloadsBear, Thanks again. Unfortunately, wife can no longer do the leather work and I miss her talents. I sent you a PM.

#11 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Simply beautiful workmanship. ;)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#12 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Beautiful knives!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users