• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

Saw an ad for a Heritage Arms .22 lr/ .22 mag pistol for $199, and I was wondering if anyone has bought one or knows about them. Thanks.

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

I have one with the cocobolo grips. A very accurate gun and definitely a great buy for the money. I have both cylinders but mainly shoot Aquila Super Calibris in my backyard because they are so quiet. I make my buddy mad when I outshoot his $750 Smith revolver. Too funny.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

In Ca thats a good price. everywhere else they go for $150 for the combo and as little as $99 for the 22lr. Ive had one for almost 25yrs with no problems. there biggest problem is there finish. its painted on and scratches easily. mines been repainted twice. the good thing is its as accurite as my single sixes, and a little lighter. when I got mine it was $75. DR

#4 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

A couple of good reviews, thanks. I guess I will order the combo this week. I have plenty of .22 to keep me busy.

#5 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

If it was me I'd save up and get a Ruger Single Six. A more money, better quality. I'm biased because I have a Old Model Single Six that belonged to my late dad and it's one of my favorite guns.But I'm sure the Heritage will do just fine, and be a nice shooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users