• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

Great results. What's the secret? With the Barnes TSX hollow points in my .223 Remington, I would get 4 out of 5 to shoot sub-MOA, but often one of the 5 would be a flyer. Have you noticed any difference in accuracy with Barnes' plastic tipped bullets over hollow point TSX? I've read that the plastic tipped ones can be more accurate but haven't tested this yet. I've got some on the way to try out with my .308.

#32 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

No secret. Just be meticulous with your reloading process. As to which of the two is accurate (TTSX versus TSX). It all depends on what the rifle prefer. My Weatherby Accumark shoot better with the TSX ( 5 shot group 4th picture) whereas my friend Franks MK V shoots the TTSX more accurate than the TSX although not by much. I can make the TTSX shoot in my Accumark but I have to seat the bullet deeper than the TSX. The 3rd picture was with Franks 257 Weatherby. Those were 8 shot group. Four of those bullet went into the same hole. Never work with small caliber though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users