4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was impressed with the SPOT accuracy today while hunting varmints.I had it in a front outside pocket of my shooting vest while walking the property.I was WAY out of cell phone range. Check it out

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   31.36KB   13 downloads

#2 1984cj7

1984cj7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

I was thinking of getting one for deer season, since I might be outta cell phone range.. how much are they running and do you have to pay for the gps services?

#3 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

my wife is making me get one two for deer season

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#4 1984cj7

1984cj7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Happy Wife, Happy Life...this should keep the gf calm while im gone hunting for some muleys.. she can track me while i track deer..

#5 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

The original one (a little bigger with less features) cost $99 and then there's a $100 service plan which is just the rescue/help, I believe its an extra $14/ year for the tracking. The newer smaller model cost more but can also send small text messages like "I'm alright" that you have to set on the computer, so you cant type them in the field, yet... its all on findmespot.com Also a tip is if you use a backpack in the field, try sewing on a small plastic pocket onto the top of the pack, this improves GPS signal, it will work better than if its buried in your pack somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users