5 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

I took the action of my 22 marlin apart to put a new mag latch on. While I was working on it I told myself I would not mess with the trigger spring and end up loosing it like I have read on the forums. Well something happened and it exploded on me the spring shot out doing 100 miles per hour and another part to S**T I didn't want that to happen. I looked for over an hour with a mag light in my garage and some how found the spring and another part with the help of a parts picture I knew what I lost.I then put it back together the springs on the semi auto 22' are a bitch to put back they are very strong .Well to my surprise the rifle works very good now mag latch is nice and tight the mag does not fall out anymore.The trigger is a lot better to all that powder residue built up was the problem of it having a crappy trigger.This is the first time I had the action out and it was very dirty this marlin is 20 years old . I should have done this a long time ago.I took it out today and it was shooting great. :signtripledogdare2wf:

#2 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

thats great news hate it when stuff drops and you cannot find it sucks.

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

LOL, it happens to all of us. The problem with springs is that, it bounce when you dropped them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

I hate it when they shoot out like that it seems they are never where you think they should be.

#5 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

I just took apart the receiver and trigger group on my 10/22 the other day after using it for years. That thing was filthy. I installed a couple goodies and am hoping that she performs better now after all the cleaning. Glad you found your spring. ;)

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Reminds me of the first time I took apart a Browning BPS. I figured that it was a pump so it couldn't be much different than my 870...wrong. When I knocked the pins out and pulled the trigger group all kinds of parts fell out and it took me a while to get them all put back where they were supposed to go. :smiley_green_with_envy:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users